NationBuilder is actively seeking a Solutions Engineer to join our growing Professional Services team. A remote position for a qualified candidate may also be considered.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all kinds - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make something happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs
As a member of the professional services team, the Solutions Engineer will work alongside the enterprise sales team to understand the technical feasibility of what the customer wants, then design a solution to meet their needs. Solutions Engineers need to be great listeners and communicators, capable of being a bridge between technical consultants and C-Suite executives. Solutions engineers are confident analytical thinkers, comfortable saying ‘no’ when things aren’t possible, but creative and knowledgeable enough to identify what is possible in order for NationBuilder to meet a customer’s needs. Solutions Engineers are responsible for designing and documenting workflows customers can use, building proofs of concepts, and providing demos of those solutions in the product pre-sales. Experience with technical implementation or project management for enterprise-level customers is preferred.
Solutions Engineers don’t need to write code. But they do need strong technical knowledge. The capacity to grasp the technical capabilities of NationBuilder, our ecosystem technology partners, and other third-party systems our customer’s leverage to achieve their goals is a must-have. Solutions Engineers will work alongside their colleagues in professional services to see their solutions through post-sales, and ensure the customers’ needs are met during implementation.
We are looking for:
- Experience working with enterprise level customers in a technical implementation or project management role.
- Familiarity with NationBuilder or similar technology,
- Experience with Zapier, Ruby on Rails, SQL, HTML or Liquid.
- Exceptional listeners and communicators to bridge sales and technical teams
- Creative thinkers capable of designing solutions
- Confident team members who know when to say ‘no,’ but always strive to identify an alternative
- Someone who takes initiative and will do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Someone with interests and passions beyond work. Perhaps you're a photographer, a snowboarder, a great cook or an aspiring unicyclist?
To apply submit your resume and tell us why you're a good fit for the job in 280 characters or less (like a tweet, but you don't have to actually tweet it).
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.