As a Senior Systems Engineer, you'll be part of the team evangelizing the overall security, reliability, availability, and performance of our platform. You’ll recommend and implement changes across our systems and environments, evaluate new technologies, and contribute to our technical direction.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all kinds - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make something happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a love for learning.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative environment, enjoys the chance to pair with their peers, and gives and receives well crafted feedback.
- Working knowledge with automation, containers, configuration management, CI/CD, and cloud native architectures.
- Proficient at understanding tradeoffs between technical options as well as the prioritization of work.
- Has supported the entire lifecycle of one or more services from planning to decommissioning.
- In-depth knowledge and experience managing web applications.
- Has five plus years experience supporting high-volume customer facing services.
- Proficiency with one or more languages (e.g., Ruby, Go, Python).
- Extensive Linux experience and proficiency with the shell (i.e., bash, zsh, sed, awk).
- Solutions integration bridging applications and infrastructure systems
- Experience with application, services, and network security for cloud and Linux environments.
- Positive track record of establishing, recommending and implementing tools, technology, and processes for large initiatives.
Our platform is primarily built with Ruby on Rails with some additional Ruby and Go services. Data is stored in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis, and Hadoop. All on a cloud native architecture in AWS and managed with Terraform and Puppet.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please submit your resume, GitHub, or website. In a few sentences, tell us why you're a good fit for the job and which NationBuilder value you identify with the most and why.