is a NYC-based tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We use machine learning to connect products with all of the content created about them to answer retail’s trillion-dollar question, “what should I buy?”
With a library of more than 50 million products matched to expert reviews from top commerce publishers like Buzzfeed, NYT Wirecutter, and Hearst, Narrativ enables retailers such as Macy's, Ulta Beauty and Dermstore to tap into $25B of annual consumer spend. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for building technology to democratize commerce.
We come from Bensonhurst to Beijing and view the breadth of our team's life experiences as a core competitive advantage. Our team hails from 10 countries, has worked for the likes of Google, Glossier and McKinsey and more than one-third of Narrativ employees are first-generation college graduates.
Narrativ is looking to hire a passionate, results-oriented Sales Engineer to support our Sales / Business Directors in acquiring new retailers or top online publishers. This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup.
In this role, you will work closely with the Sales / Business Development team to pitch and close deals with customers. You will help prospective customers and partners in the retailer and publisher space understand the power of Narrativ’s solutions by explaining technical features, handling objections, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks. You are the real rock star in the sales process!
You’ll be on the cutting edge of performance marketing as Narrativ is fundamentally opening a new acquisition channel for omni-channel retailers and new revenue stream for publishers. We operate at massive scale- your work will directly influence millions of dollars of revenue for some of the most well-known companies in the industry.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with Sales / Business Development team to close deals and achieve sales goals.
- Present our solutions, give product demos and handle technical objections or concerns.
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales objectives.
- Design and deliver high quality technical proof of concepts (POCs) for prospective customers.
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience.
- Build strong relationships with customers’ technical and business executives.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical sales goals.
- With Sales, achieve quarterly quotas of closed business.
- Collaborate with Growth Managers / Partner Success Managers and Technical Account Managers / Solutions Consultants to ensure a smooth handoff after signing the deal to maximize revenue.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience serving as a sales engineer supporting the sales team in closing deals with top retailer or publisher partners.
- Track record of exceeding your quotas / key performance metrics.
- Experience presenting to senior business and technical executives, give product demos, lead POCs, and handle any technical concerns or objections.
- Experience working with client’s technical team to develop joint plan to ensure smooth implementation.
- Experience with SaaS and DaaS (Data as a Service) technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal stakeholders and customer executives.
- Bonus: Existing relationships with retailer and publisher executives and decision makers.
- Ability to collaborate across all functions and levels at Narrativ; humbleness in working with internal colleagues.
- Enjoy working hard, have fun and learn a lot in a dynamic and faced paced environment.
- Self starter who can work with limited direction.
- We offer incredibly competitive salaries and cover 100% of health, dental and vision for the employee.
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media- the work you do here will have meaning
- We are a profitable company that is growing rapidly without throwing cash out the window.
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack meme game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.
Fill out the Hire with Google form below and attach your resume. In the Website field, please include your LinkedIn profile URL.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.