is a NYC-based, NEA-backed tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We do this with machine learning technology that rewires links at massive scale so that:
- Advertisers unlock a $25B monopoly by converting Amazon’s static link empire into a competitive CPC marketplace
- Publishers get paid like Google rather than like a coupon site. Narrativ boosts yield 4X on link inventory with competitive bidding in content.
- Consumers find what they want at the best prices online and will never land on an out of stock or 404 page.
With more than one billion links rewired, Narrativ partners include Conde Nast, New York Magazine, Ulta Beauty and Nordstrom. We launched out of stealth in August 2017 and are on pace to deliver $600M in advertiser revenue in 2018. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for our commitment to digital sustainability.
Engineers at Narrativ have the opportunity to choose between the technical and management tracks. The team lead is the first level in the people management track. You are expected to spend 70% of your time contributing high-quality code. The other 30% will be spent on management tasks like coaching and mentoring team members, organizing JIRA tickets, and communicating progress/priorities with the rest of the organization. You will be primarily responsible for ensuring that your team members have the autonomy, mastery, and purpose that they require to contribute and expand their skill sets to get to the next level.
Narrativ serves SmartLinks on some of the biggest publishers in the world, and our systems operate at scale with little latency and no downtime. We invest significant resources in automation and testing so that we can safely deploy code multiple times a day. Come join us and help us continue to improve our team!
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure quality by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Design and deploy automated self-healing infrastructure (Terraform, AWS)
- Implement automated system monitoring, troubleshoot and resolve system outages
- Support and administer a variety of stateful systems including Redshift, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Continually work to improve team capabilities with training, documentation, code reviews, pair programming, and collaboration
- Mentor and supervise 4-6 individual contributors, play key role in the sprint planning process
- 4+ years building backend systems in Python
- Motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and drive to improve
- Previous experience leading successful development teams a plus
- We offer incredibly competitive salaries and cover 100% of health, dental and vision.
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack emoji game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.