is a NYC-based, NEA-backed tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We do this with technology that rewires links at massive scale so that:
- Advertisers unlock a $25B monopoly by converting Amazon’s static link empire into a competitive CPC marketplace
- Publishers get paid like Google rather than like a coupon site. Narrativ boosts yield 4X on link inventory with competitive bidding in content.
- Consumers find what they want at the best prices online and will never land on an out of stock or 404 page.
With more than one billion links rewired, Narrativ partners include Conde Nast, New York Magazine, Ulta Beauty and Nordstrom. We launched out of stealth in August 2017 and are on pace to deliver $600M in advertiser revenue in 2018. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for our commitment to digital sustainability.
Narrativ is looking to hire a distributed systems engineer whose work will improve the products and technology solutions that continue to drive higher revenues for our partners and make it easier for consumers to find the best products at the best prices.
As a technology company that powers more efficient advertising and marketing, we collect large amounts of data. We feed this into our real time bidding system and use it to match products across retailers so that our users have seamless shopping experiences online. In this role, you will work to build the systems that handle running our real-time auction and product match systems at the scale of the internet. We feel that the best engineering solutions usually require a variety of tools, so this will often mean integrating a couple databases along with custom code. As a team, we believe firmly in the value of testing and automation, and no task is done until it is running automatically in production.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Write Python code to support our backend ad tech systems
- Design terraform and deploy scripts to automate self-healing infrastructure
- Support and administer a variety of stateful systems including Redshift, MySqL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Write extensive unit, integration, and system level automated testing
- Monitor and adjust systems for performance issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve system outages
- Continually work to improve team capabilities with training, documentation, code reviews, pair programming, and collaboration
- 2+ years building backend systems in Python
- Familiarity with distributed systems design and various infrastructure tools
- Ability to work independently on feature level tasks
- Motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional level of organization and strong attention to detail
- We offer incredibly competitive salaries and cover 100% of health, dental and vision.
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media - the work you do here will have meaning
- We are growing rapidly without throwing cash out the window.
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack emoji game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.