is a NYC-based, NEA-backed tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We achieve by rewiring links at massive scale. So far we have helped:
- Advertisers unlock a $25B monopoly by converting Amazon’s static link empire into a competitive CPC marketplace
- Publishers get paid like Google rather than like a coupon site. Narrativ boosts yield 4X on link inventory with competitive bidding in content.
- Consumers find what they want at the best prices online, never landing on an out-of-stock or 404 page.
With more than one billion links rewired, Narrativ partners with Conde Nast, New York Magazine, Ulta Beauty and Nordstrom. We launched out of stealth in August 2017 and are on pace to deliver $600M in advertiser revenue in 2018. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for our commitment to digital sustainability.
Narrativ is looking for a mid-level to senior frontend engineer who will work to improve the products and technology solutions that drive revenue for our partners and make it easier for consumers to find products at the best prices. As a team, we believe firmly in the value of testing and automation.
Core responsibilities include:
- Ensure quality and ease of deployment by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests (Karma, Jasmine, Protractor, Pact, Jest), refactor and maintain high standards for the code base.
- Work to improve team capabilities with documentation, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Improve knowledge about the system and take on backend work (Python).
- Take part in the engineering planning process, e.g. creating and estimating JIRA tickets, QAing feature, etc.
- 2-4+ years building frontend applications.
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol, and performance, experience integrating APIs and services.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- We offer competitive salaries and cover 100% of health, dental and vision. Perks include Friday lunches, weekly happy hours, and company outings.
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media.
- The company is growing rapidly and sustainably.
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.