Narrativ is a NYC-based tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We use machine learning to connect products with all of the content created about them to answer retail’s trillion-dollar question, “what should I buy?”
With a library of more than 1 billion products matched to expert reviews from top commerce publishers like Buzzfeed, NYT Wirecutter, and Hearst, Narrativ enables retailers such as Macy's, Ulta and Dermstore to tap into $25B of annual consumer spend. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for building technology to democratize commerce.
We come from Bensonhurst to Beijing and view the breadth of our team's life experiences as a core competitive advantage. Our team hails from 10 countries, has worked for the likes of Google, Glossier and McKinsey and more than one-third of Narrativ employees are first-generation college graduates.
Narrativ is looking for a talent manager with a history of developing exceptional recruiting/hiring processes. As our first employee dedicated to recruiting and team culture, you will build the team that writes the next chapters of the Narrativ story. The ideal candidate will have some experience building talent acquisition programs coupled with the creativity to try new approaches to recruiting that haven’t been done yet. We are committed to maintaining a diverse team with 50/50 gender balance in our engineering candidate pipeline and the talent manager will own this effort.
Narrativ is entering into hyper-growth and needs to rapidly add world-class talent, making this an unbelievably exciting time to take on this role.
- Lead all recruiting efforts, including initial screens, onsite interviews, candidate correspondence, and management of outside hiring consultants
- Manage and perform updates to Narrativ Careers page, Google Hire, and recruiting platforms as needed
- Develop, manage, and maintain top-of-funnel recruiting strategies
- Develop, manage, and maintain company interview processes, ensuring consistency in culture, values, and excellence across the company
- Drive all orientation and onboarding processes for new hires, updating as needed
- Collect and analyze company data to improve retention, drive impactful team events, and measure the success of compensation, benefits packages, and existing HR tools
- Develop processes/metrics that support the achievement of Narrativ’s business goals
- Assist managers in selecting/contracting external training programs and consultants
- Maintain accurate and complete employee records
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations, including updates to policies and handbook as new legislation is introduced
- 3-5+ years experience with recruiting, talent management, compensation/benefits packages, organizational planning, as well as employee relations, engagement, and development
- Excellent speaking, writing, and interpersonal communication, with the ability to maintain and coach others to a high level of confidentiality
- Strategic thinker/problem solver who thrives in fast-paced environments, sets clear processes, and is adept at prioritization
- Experience managing and representing multiple projects simultaneously (recruiting processes, culture initiatives, internal communications, policy writing, etc. )
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and capable of analyzing the impact of your work
- Team player with a high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues on the engineering and business teams
- A keen ability to find “purple squirrel” candidates and devise innovative recruiting strategies to attract diverse talent.
- A desire to build the recruiting function from scratch and write playbooks to make our talent acquisition processes best-in-class.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a steadfast desire to always evaluate the “why” behind your work.
- Passion for media, retail, and/or technology is a plus!
- We offer incredibly competitive salaries and cover 100% of health, dental and vision.
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media- the work you do here will have meaning
- We are a profitable company that is growing rapidly without throwing cash out the window.
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack meme game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.