is a NYC-based tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We use machine learning to connect products with all of the content created about them to answer retail’s trillion-dollar question, “what should I buy?”
With a library of more than 1 billion products matched to expert reviews from top commerce publishers like Buzzfeed, NYT Wirecutter, and Hearst, Narrativ enables retailers such as Macy's, Ulta and Dermstore to tap into $25B of annual consumer spend. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for building technology to democratize commerce.
We come from Bensonhurst to Beijing and view the breadth of our team's life experiences as a core competitive advantage. Our team hails from 10 countries, has worked for the likes of Google, Glossier and McKinsey and more than one-third of Narrativ employees are first-generation college graduates.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our New York City office. The ideal candidate brings together creativity, an analytical mindset, and an execution focus to drive the trajectory of Narrativ’s platform and product team.
Above all, we’re looking for someone with a fast-paced and agile approach, who quickly develops MVPs and rapidly iterates on them to refine the product within a creative and rapidly-changing environment. Our team is hard-working, collaborative, and committed to quality. We believe that we can build a better platform together. We’re Smart. Ambitious. Nice. We don’t see any of those as contradictions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial Product Manager to build out our product portfolio and team. The role involves managing across the full spectrum of product development from translating the company vision into an actionable product strategy to relentlessly prioritizing initiatives on the roadmap and developing product briefs with the engineering team to deliver them.
Specifically, we are looking for someone to build out our team and product function with a fast-paced and agile approach. You will need to lead the team with a lean MVP approach and be comfortable collaborating with engineering and business to rapidly test, learn and iterate on new product concepts. You will report directly to our VP of Product and work closely with our CEO.
Core responsibilities include:
- Developing Narrativ’s product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborating with the business and engineering teams to create product briefs and user stories
- Leading sprint planning with engineers to prioritize, plan, and deliver features and enhancements
- Working with designers to create thoughtful user experiences
- Creating a strong lean product management discipline and to ensure the team’s success: product brief, value proposition, KPIs, assumptions, milestones, dependencies, etc.
- Creating product marketing collateral to educate internal and external users on the value of the products we are building and how they fit into our long-term vision
- Degree in a scientific or technical field e.g., computer science, engineering
- 2+ years experience managing and building digital products from inception through launch
- Experience growing product teams and building infrastructure for managing those teams effectively
- Knowledgeable about lean product development methodologies and business intelligence concepts
- Expertise with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Keen.io, Mixpanel, etc.
- Experience working closely and collaboratively across multiple functions (engineering, design, operations etc.) to develop and execute products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to shape our product trajectory and grow our product team
- Experience in managing platforms in complex ecosystems, such as financial services (e.g., Paypal, Wealthfront, Addepar), social enterprise platforms (LinkedIn, Unified Social, Wildfire) , media platforms (Spotify, YouTube, Netflix), eCommerce platforms (Amazon)
- We offer competitive salaries and health, dental, vision benefits
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media - the work you do here will have meaning
- We are growing rapidly without throwing cash out the window.
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack meme game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.