is a NYC-based tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We use machine learning to connect products with all of the content created about them to answer retail’s trillion-dollar question, “what should I buy?”
With a library of more than 50 million products matched to expert reviews from top commerce publishers like Buzzfeed, NYT Wirecutter, and Hearst, Narrativ enables retailers such as Macy's, Ulta Beauty and Dermstore to tap into $25B of annual consumer spend. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for building technology to democratize commerce.
We come from Bensonhurst to Beijing and view the breadth of our team's life experiences as a core competitive advantage. Our team hails from 10 countries, has worked for the likes of Google, Glossier and McKinsey and more than one-third of Narrativ employees are first-generation college graduates.
Narrativ is looking to hire a passionate, results-oriented Sales Director to acquire new omni-channel retailers or other merchant / retailer partners. This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup.
In this role, you will be responsible for growing our merchant business, which includes omni-channel retailers, consumer electronics retailers, direct to consumer retailers, and other retailers on the Internet Retailer Top 500 list. Our Sales Directors are individual contributors who execute on their business plans, which includes identifying top prospects, understanding Narrativ’s solutions and how they solve the retailers’ needs, negotiating and closing deals.
You’ll be on the cutting edge of performance marketing as Narrativ is fundamentally opening a new acquisition channel for omni-channel retailers and new revenue stream for publishers. We operate at massive scale- your work will directly influence millions of dollars of revenue for some of the most well-known companies in the industry.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Originate and close new business with omni-channel retailers in the Internet Retailer Top 100 list, such as Target, Best Buy, Home Depot and Lowe’s.
- Create and execute a strategic sales plan.
- Build a pipeline and move deals through sales stages in Salesforce.
- Achieve quarterly quotas of closed business.
- Manage (on a dotted line basis), a Sales Engineer / Solutions Consultant to assist you in the sales process.
- Collaborate with Growth Managers / Partner Success Managers to ensure a smooth handoff after signing the deal to maximize revenue.
- Minimum of 6 years successfully selling products / SaaS / enterprise solutions to top omni-channel retailers; track record of exceeding your quota.
- Ability to source, negotiate and close deals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal stakeholders and customer executives.
- Strong existing relationships with retailer C-level executives and decision makers.
- Ability to collaborate across all functions and levels at Narrativ; humbleness in working with internal colleagues.
- Deep industry knowledge of the retail industry.
- Enjoy working hard, have fun and learn a lot in a dynamic and faced paced environment.
- Self starter who can work with limited direction.
- Analytical and understand how to organize, synthesize data, but also understand the bigger picture and be able to communicate / persuade partners to take inspired action.
- BA / BS degree.
- We offer incredibly competitive salaries and cover 100% of health, dental and vision for the employee.
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media- the work you do here will have meaning
- We are a profitable company that is growing rapidly without throwing cash out the window.
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack meme game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.
Fill out the Hire with Google form below and attach your resume. In the Website field, please include your LinkedIn profile URL.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.