is a NYC-based tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We use machine learning to connect products with all of the content created about them to answer retail’s trillion-dollar question, “what should I buy?”
With a library of more than 1 billion products matched to expert reviews from top commerce publishers like Buzzfeed, NYT Wirecutter, and Hearst, Narrativ enables retailers such as Macy's, Ulta and Dermstore to tap into $25B of annual consumer spend. In June 2018, The World Economic Forum honored Narrativ as a Technology Pioneer for building technology to democratize commerce.
We come from Bensonhurst to Beijing and view the breadth of our team's life experiences as a core competitive advantage. Our team hails from 10 countries, has worked for the likes of Google, Glossier and McKinsey and more than one-third of Narrativ employees are first-generation college graduates.
We’re looking for a User Experience (UX) Lead to join our New York City office. The ideal candidate brings together creativity, strong instincts for clean design, and leadership to our design team to drive forward Narrativ's product suite and bring the best experience to our users. You advocate relentlessly for the user and you take the time to understand the business aspects of our products.
Above all, we’re looking for someone with a fast-paced and agile approach, who quickly develops user flows and rapidly iterates and refines them in a creative and fast-moving environment. Our team is hard-working, collaborative, and committed to quality. We believe that we can build a better platform together. We’re Smart. Ambitious. Nice. We don’t see any of those as contradictions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a great design team leader to help build out our product portfolio and team. The role involves defining the design vision of the company and working with Product Management, Engineering, and Business to realize that vision across a set of products that touch publishers, merchants, and consumers. As a team leader, you will drive consensus across the organization in all aspects that involve the user experience.
Core responsibilities include:
- Defining the UX Design vision across the organization
- Defining a process for gathering input, evaluating different design directions, and moving forward to consensus
- Collaborating with the business and engineering teams to drive consensus and create a fast, repeatable process for defining user flows that accomplish the goal of the product or feature being designed
- Working with Product Management and Design team to create thoughtful and innovative user experiences
- Leading and mentoring a small design team
- 6+ years of experience in UX Design
- 2+ years of experience in a design leadership role.
- Outstanding portfolio of UX-focused work samples showcasing innovative design solutions.
- Able to function independently and as part of a larger team.
- Experience with creating websites and/or mobile apps.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in user experiences for products in complex ecosystems, such as financial services (e.g., Paypal, Wealthfront, Addepar), social enterprise platforms (LinkedIn, Unified Social, Wildfire) , media platforms (Spotify, YouTube, Netflix), eCommerce platforms (Amazon)
- Experience with frontend development tools and languages
- We offer competitive salaries and health, dental, vision benefits
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media - the work you do here will have meaning
- We are growing rapidly without throwing cash out the window.
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack meme game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.