ABOUT THE ROLE
Narrativ is building monetization technology for the next generation of digital content producers. Our product portfolio includes visual storytelling tools as well as a real-time-bidding platform that powers millions of auctions every day. We’re assembling a talented team of engineers dedicated to building solutions that empower publishers to build smarter digital content.
Are you excited by solving problems posed by multi-variable algorithmic optimization, programmatic targeting, infrastructure scalability, and the occasional MarioKart tournament? Keep reading.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join our New York office. The ideal person would have experience building systems using Python and big data tools that can function at the scale of the internet, process Petabytes of data, and integrate Machine Learning or AI into production systems. Our engineering team is hard-working, collaborative, and committed to code quality. We believe that engineers are important thought partners and responsible for shaping, and not just executing, product priorities. We believe that we can build a better platform together
- Back-End: RESTful APIs in Python
- Databases: MySQL, Redshift, Redis, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch
- Infrastructure and Devops: AWS, NewRelic
- Data Processing: Storm, Luigi, Celery
- Tools: Git/Github, Jenkins, Docker
- Own and develop Narrativ's backend systems including data processing and supervised learning.
- Contribute end to end solutions that are well tested, automatically deployable, instrumented, and reliable.
- Collaborate with engineering, design and product management teams
- Discuss and decide on approaches to solve technical challenges
- Estimate the complexity and timeline of upcoming work
- Use a branch-based, pull request process to submit code to the git repository
- Consider potential impacts of features on production infrastructure
- Respond to alerts and use monitoring to diagnose potential issues
- BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field
- 2+ years of experience in engineering role
- Proficient experience in Python and Big Data technologies.
- Ability to dig deep into source code and solve unfamiliar challenges, as well as appreciate agility and a pragmatic approach to software development