Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack
We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer to help build a world-class engineering team at Name.com, a domain name registrar / hosting services company. Name.com has an outstanding reputation in our industry. We've got a casual, close-knit, team-oriented workplace filled with funny, intelligent, dedicated, and happy people.
What this role is about
In this role, you will work closely with an agile team of software and system engineers to build and scale functionality and services at Name.com. We’re looking for a dedicated senior software engineer that is interested in full stack development. New features and functionality will be seen by hundreds of thousands of users in our growing environment.
The successful candidate is team-oriented, a great communicator, shows initiative, has a thirst for knowledge and new things, and takes advantage of leadership opportunities.
Required Professional Experience
- Firm grasp of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and design patterns is a must
- Comfortable working in Linux environments (POSIX commands, bash scripts)
- Experience with automated testing and Test-driven development (PHPUnit, JUnit)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Automated UI testing (eg, Selenium)
- Cloud ecosystems and development (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Functional Programming
- Great foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Great architecture skills
- Good understanding of databases (MySQL experience a plus)
- Understanding of DNS, HTTP, SSL is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
What you’ll do if chosen for this role
- Help drive and implement architectural best practices across the codebase
- Work closely with a small team of engineers and Product Managers to expand functionality on the name.com website and services
- Develop reusable and scalable libraries and services
- Challenge, mentor and learn from your peers
- Write code using an MVC framework and ORM
- Write code that is easily extended and scales well
- Work on both front and back-end code and database design
- Work in an agile environment with frequent deployments
Some things to know about Name.com
Located in downtown Denver, CO Name.com is a domain name registrar/hosting services company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Donuts Inc. (www.donuts.domains). Our parent company, Donuts Inc., is a leading global domain name registry for new top-level Internet domain extensions. Donuts offers businesses, individuals and organizations new ways to brand and unify their online identities, in multiple languages and character sets.
This is an exciting time to join the Name.com team and we are hiring smart people who get things done. Name.com offers a highly competitive compensation package and a fun, friendly and collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. Name.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
To apply please visit www.name.com