About our Company
V-Care Pharmacy is a URAC accredited full service and specialty pharmacy with a focus in disease therapy management. Licensed in multiple states across the U.S, we are a fast-growing company that is looking for an employee at our Framingham location who will work with the utmost level of professionalism and integrity. To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://myvcarepharmacy.com/
Job Title: Entry-level Assistant
Reports To: Pharmacy Owner/CEO, pharmacists and office staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a liaison between the owner, pharmacy/office personnel as well as external parties.
- Provides administrative and organizational support.
- Relieves the team of routine matters by reading, researching, transcribing and drafting up relevant documents and emails as well as initiating telecommunication.
- Assists by preparing appropriate material for meetings as well as taking detailed meeting minutes and providing meeting follow-ups.
- Maintains the calendar by scheduling meetings, teleconferences, and travel.
- Informs all relevant parties of the daily schedule along with relevant information (addresses, numbers, point of contact).
- Monitors incoming calls and takes messages.
- Makes travel and logistical arrangements.
- Travels with the pharmacists to doctors’ offices and other pharmacy locations.
- Is able to understand and maintain confidential matters.
- Helps maintain and determine the inventory of office supplies; anticipates the need of office supplies; places and tracks orders.
- Provides overall support to the staff and performs other duties or special projects assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Interpersonal Skills – Able to coordinate between the owner, staff and third parties efficiently.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Has excellent telephone etiquette.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret
- written information.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently and is able to prioritize tasks through independent judgement and strong organization skills.
- Analytical – Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses logic and reason for issue resolution.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen – Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity –Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses relevant equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – High School Degree
- Education and/or Experience – Preferred experience working in a pharmacy or other pharmaceutical environment, as well as preferred experience in an administrative role.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as guidelines, policies and procedures and accreditation standards. Ability to speak effectively to customers, providers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Publisher and background using Pharmacy processing software
- Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of t hose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.