About V-Care Pharmacy
V-care Pharmacy is a full service retail pharmacy. As a company that prioritizes the trust and safety of our customers, we are seeking a pharmacist that works with the utmost level of professionalism and integrity.
Job Title: Pharmacy Manager
Reports To: Owner
Compensation: Base salary of $140,000 and performance based bonuses.
Supervises Pharmacy technicians, interns, clerks, and trainees as appropriate and collaborates with other Staff Pharmacists. Carries out applicable supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and laws. Responsibilities may include participation in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
As an independent pharmacy, customer service is extremely crucial. Relationship management with our prescribers is also equally important. We work very closely with prescribers and their staff, we expect nothing less than white glove service. Another must is the ability to quickly adapt to new technology, including our EHR, social media, messaging platforms, and so on.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dispenses prescribed speciality and retail medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the following duties.
- Is able to recognize the difference in workflows and documentation regarding specialty medication and retail medication and direct the process accordingly.
- Help physicians and pharmacy team initiate prior authorizations as well as answer formulary questions.
- Reviews prescriptions issued by Physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Directs pharmacy workers engaged in packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Manages and directs pharmacy technicians, interns, trainees, and delivery drivers.
- Provides counseling to patients onsite and over phone calls about drug to drug interactions, side effects, and other necessary information.
- Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with FDA regarding REMS drugs.
- Create an effective drug therapy by communicating with the patients and prescribers regarding prior authorizations, switching between brand and generic.
- Efficiently execute tasks assigned by pharmacy manager and program manager.
- Assesses inventory needs and places orders through wholesaler and manufacturer websites.
- Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug to drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
- Stays up to date with new federal and state regulations and identifies potential compliance issues.
- Works with management to correct any potential compliance issues as well as maintaining the proper documentation.
- Assays medications to determine identity, purity, and strength.
- Instructs pharmacy staff and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy.
- Completes or participates in assignments at the discretion of the Pharmacist in Charge.
- Work in a collaborative manner with the appropriate departments.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Inspires respect and trust.
- Adaptability - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Monitors transition and evaluates results; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEOC policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations -
Current unrestricted Pharmacist License (Must be in good standing)
Education and/or Experience -
B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm D. and one to two years related experience and/or training.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications and typing speed of 30-40 words per minute. Individual should be able to learn new softwares and online platforms at a quick speed.
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.