Job Title: Delivery Driver
Reports To: Pharmacist in Charge
Job Time: Part time with possible transition to full time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives automobile or truck to deliver Pharmacy's prescriptions, DMEPOS products and medical supplies to customer's home or place of business.
- Records delivery transactions upon customer receipt.
- Records delivery information in BestRX delivery application
- Calls customers to establish delivery time, if applicable.
- Listens to and resolves delivery/service complaints.
- Collects or picks up rejected or recalled DMEPOS products.
- Loads delivery vehicle
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Cleans inside/outside of truck.
- Performs routine maintenance on truck.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Managing People - Makes self available to staff; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEOC policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous delivery driving experience preferred
- Valid drivers license
- Clean driving record
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.