About our Company
V-Care Pharmacy is a URAC accredited full service and Specialty pharmacy with a focus in disease therapy management. Licensed in multiple states across the U.S, we are a fast-growing company that is looking for an employee at our Framingham location who will work with the utmost level of professionalism and integrity. To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://myvcarepharmacy.com/Compensation
- $16-$19 per hour
- *Annual performance based bonuses*
- Health insurance
- Vacation: Partial paid vacation
- Five sick days per year (Unused sick days are paid out at year's last paycheck)
- Dental, Vision, 401K including employer contribution
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Reports To: Pharmacist in Charge or Staff Pharmacist on duty
- Expedites prescription processing by performing all duties necessary and allowable, by policy or law.
- Receives new and refilled prescriptions from customers for filling.
- Verifies name and address (if applicable) of the person the new prescription is to be filled for, as well as, legibility of the prescriber’s name.
- Obtains from the prescription files those prescriptions, which have been requested to be refilled.
- Prepares labels for new/refill prescriptions.
- Accommodates customers when they arrive to pick up prescriptions.
- Processes cash register transactions for new and refilled prescriptions.
- Ensures necessary communications are provided to the customer, such as instructions, side effects and medication descriptions.
- Arranges customer consultations with Pharmacist, when requested.
- Procures signatures from customers for all prescriptions received.
- Answers incoming calls, directs to Pharmacist, when appropriate, such as new prescriptions, questions about medication, judgmental decision, etc.
- Completes and processes third-party documents.
- Fills prescription books or new prescriptions.
- Files patient profiles.
- Fills bins with prescription vials.
- Processes incoming orders to determine that items ordered were shipped and that items shipped are the same as items invoiced to the Pharmacy.
- Checks items for appropriate ‘shelf life’ remaining before expiration.
- Affixes price stickers to the items ordered and places on stock shelves or in refrigerator, when required.
- Checks stock to remove outdated items, as often as deemed necessary by the Pharmacist
- Cleans Pharmacy shelves and work areas and maintains entire premises in a satisfactory state of cleanliness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – At least one of the following:
Active unrestricted RPhT MA Pharmacy Technician License
Active unrestricted National (CPhT) Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer entry skills and should be comfortable with data entry, typing, etc.
- Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Analytical – Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen – Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEOC policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Organizing planning – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
The work environment characteristics described in this posting are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.