We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Customer Service team is committed to providing premier world-class customer service to our players and creators. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced leader who has built and led a globally distributed customer service team for a high growth gaming company, in a fast-paced environment, and with high expectations for amazing player and creator engagement.
In your role you will be responsible for the strategic leadership and tactical execution of the Blankos customer support operations. You will build a talented team of services pros that will achieve business objectives and exceed customer expectations.
You will collaborate with senior leadership to define our operations strategy and partner with leaders across the company to drive support experience improvements globally. Your team will be the main point of contact for high-severity customer incidents and sensitive customer situations. Your success as a manager will be measured by the professional development of your global internal and vendor team members as well as your ability to coach and lead them in delivering a seamless support experience to our valued players and creators.
Our Seattle office is located in the heart of quirky, creative Ballard. When we’re not making awesome games, we’re out sampling the delicious food Ballard has to offer; we’re sipping coffee (or tea) at our favorite coffee shops; or we’re engrossed in epic table-top battles at Cafe Mox. We’re passionate about creating a tight-knit work environment that feels like you’re hanging out with your friends.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Direct and lead all aspects of Blankos' customer experience function, including strategies, policies, objectives, initiatives, vendors and people.
- Collaborate with Mythical's senior leadership to define our customer experience vision, ensuring alignment with our company’s strategic direction and ability to drive economies of scale in service delivery.
- Develop clear strategic roadmaps for scaled customer service delivery and player experience. Present to senior leadership to gain alignment and investment.
- Translate strategic roadmaps into business plans. Develop tangible goals and clear accountability. Lead plan execution and report on plan performance.
- Introduce new and innovative technologies that improve our service delivery/experience and drive customer satisfaction to enhance the Blankos brand.
- Evaluate, select and develop outsourced vendor partners. Partner with vendors to deliver customer experience to established performance standards.
- Establish clear goals for the team. Foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. Drive team performance to deliver results.
- Create clear metrics for defining our relationship with customers and define targets for the organization. Measure performance against metrics that balance speed and efficiency against the player and creator experience.
- Monitor and drive execution of day-to-day customer service team activity, ensuring courteous, timely and effective response to customer incidents and issues. Handle resolution of critical client issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert cross functionally. Act as the voice of our customer. Advocate for our most significant player and creator operational challenges and drive prioritization with our product and engineering teams.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experience providing customer service at a high level in the video game industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years experience in customer-facing operations.
- 5+ years experience leading customer-facing operations teams.
- Strong technical acumen and experience with mobile and client/server technology.
- Relevant work experience in the outsourcing industry, including setting and driving vendor strategy, managing direct vendor operations, driving process improvement and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Previous experience building and scaling a customer-facing support or services role within a tech company strongly preferred.
- Previous experience leading a globally-distributed, high-performing team in a fast-paced, high growth environment strongly preferred.
- Experience in strategic planning and roadmap development; business planning and budget management; vendor operations, and project management; business process improvement; business performance tracking and reporting.
- Strong management toolkit with a reputation for leaving thriving employees/vendors in your wake.
- Deep knowledge of emerging and established CX practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.