We are Mythical Games. A fully funded startup innovating at the intersection of video games and blockchain. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage blockchain technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developer to do the same.
We are looking for highly motivated, self sufficient Senior Game Designer to join its growing creative team in the heart of Ballard (Seattle, WA).
As a Senior Game Designer, you'll drive the core game mechanics, logic, rules, and balancing as well as the key interaction between players to create the most engaging play experience for our customers. The ideal candidate will have a thorough experience in the iterative development process from ideation, prototyping, testing to implementation by working with a cross-functional team. Although not crucial, we are looking for designers who have understanding of blockchain and the wealth of technology it offers.
In this position, you will work within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary and experienced team of game creators as you continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates. This is a highly visible role that will interact with multiple levels of employees and leadership, both internally and externally.
· 5+ years of experience building and delivering games for mobile, console or other new platforms such as VR and AR
· Fluency in best practices for game design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of game experience principles and techniques
· Strong methodology and problem-solving ability, with focus on creative and fun gameplay
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, QA testers, and other developers
· An available portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
· At least 2 published game titles
· Proven experience in a professional game production pipeline
. Understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrencies
· Experience in designing gameplay for a wide age range of customers/players
· Experience creating multi-player play experience
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus
· Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
· A bachelor's education in Computer Science, UX Design, Game Design and Entertainment
· Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks