The Print and Digital Communication Designer will be responsible for developing outstanding visual communications. This position will work closely with executive leadership and the marketing team to conceptualize, design, develop and execute a wide range of materials for our corporate brand and our partners. This person will take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts or other designs. The successful Print and Digital Communication Designer will have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, especially in the B2B and public sectors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Core Competencies)
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create new material designs based on the messages and products the company wants to promote
- Manage the design and project process of marketing communication materials including fliers, brochures, digital ads, magazines, splash pages, trade show materials, logos, banners, and more
- Design brand-new, original graphics and info-graphics
- Maintain brand consistency across all designs and stay on message to represent the company’s interests
- Assist the marketing team in proofreading all materials to ensure they are mistake- free.
- Research market and design trends to create timely, trendy designs that look fresh and current
- Continuously share design knowledge and insight with the marketing team so that the skill-set of the entire team is elevated.
- Contribute where needed to the successful execution of the annual marketing strategy and calendar.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with the design and marketing teams, as well as to deliver simple, memorable messages through their designs
- High-level of attention to detail to integrate many different messages and elements into their designs
- Advanced problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles and find ways to make their designs work with printed materials of all sizes and types
- Excellent computer skills to work with design software programs such as Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Creative Suite
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising creativity or quality materials
- Must be able to demonstrate creative experience through portfolio of work samples
- Possess understanding of branding, layout, color theory, and typography in digital and print media
- Working knowledge of the print process and the ability to prepare files for internal and external printing
- Superior design and digital typesetting skills
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, or a related field of study
- 5+ years of design experience, backed by work portfolio
- Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and typography experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work in an office environment; sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; use hands to grasp and reach; occasionally stoop or kneel; see, hear, and speak with sufficient acuity to successfully perform all aspects of the job; use telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; lift up to ten pounds of weight.