Muve Health is an innovative healthcare delivery organization that develops, markets, and operates a unique set of hyper-specialized assets that provide Total Joint Replacement (TJR) surgeries in a non-institutionalized setting. We thoughtfully reimagined the entire healthcare delivery model for TJR from the ground up by creating a premier national network of surgical facilities, focused solely on total hip and total knee replacement procedures. We believe in a better way for patients to experience it, a better way for Doctors to practice it, a better way for payers to support it, and a better way to build the entire model.
The Impact You’ll Have at Muve
This isn’t just your normal Surgical Tech position. At Muve Health we changing the delivery model. As our Surgical Technician, you’ll assist the our surgeons during an operation. You will function in the scrub role, anticipate the needs of the surgical team and provide assistance intraoperatively reflecting knowledge of assigned cases. Maintain the sterile field in the operating room, being constantly vigilant to see that proper aseptic techniques are utilized to prevent contamination and infection. You’ll also assist the surgical team as the sterile member who passes instruments, sutures, and sponges during surgery.
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis
- Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives
- Scrubs hands and arms, puts on sterile operating room attire to be able to work within the sterile field established around the patient and to handle the sterilized instruments, equipment, and supplies used in the procedure
- Checks, adjusts, and operates equipment such as sterilizers, lights, suction machines, electrosurgical units, and diagnostic equipment
- Before an operation, helps set up the operating room and organizes sterile table with surgical instruments and equipment, sterile linens, and sterile solutions
- Maintains supply of fluids for use during operation
- Transports, positions patients on table, and covers them with sterile surgical "drapes"
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon, passing instruments, and providing sterile items in an efficient manner
- Helps prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for laboratory analysis, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and applies dressings as directed
- Cleans and restocks the operating room
- Adheres to Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) professional standards and attends Muve in-service training sessions as directed. Provides age-appropriate care for all age groups
- Act as Sterile Processing Technician as needed.
- 3+ years experience as a surgical technologist in a Hospital or ASC operating room
- Registered Surgical Technologist - CST (Certified Surgical Technologist)
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- A sense of humor a must!
- BLS certification
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Learning Orientation
- Ethical Conduct
- Stress Management/Composure
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of an office environment and, as such, is considered moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 0% of time.
Life is short. Do something that matters!
At Muve Health, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people live a better life. We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. The Muve experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
Muve Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We here at Muve Health value a diverse team.