Muve Health is an innovative healthcare delivery organization that develops, markets, and operates a unique set of hyper-specialized assets that provide care in a non-institutionalized setting. We believe in a better way for patients to experience it, a better way for Doctors to practice it, a better way for payers to support it, and a better way to build the entire model.
The Impact You’ll Have at Muve
As an Administrator you will be responsible for general management of both the clinical and business operations. As such, you will work closely with the company’s senior management to refine and operationalize the practices, processes, and systems envisioned for the center.
- Responsibility for the general management of business and clinical processes
- Insuring the highest standards of clinical care and service quality for our patients through all processes
- Maintaining effective relationships with support for and engagement of the physician partners Leading the team through the effective recruitment, management and development of talent
- Living the values and modeling the behavior to cultivate and enrich Muve’s distinctive, evolving culture Implementing and assisting with the refinement of proprietary technology and operating system
- Collaborating with Chief Operating Officer and HQ Clinical Support Team to refine all processes
- Ensuring patient care and safety as the primary consideration in any decision made
- ensuring regulatory compliance (health, labor), licensure, records are uncompromisingly adhered to
- Collaborating with marketing to develop the Muve ASC & Home Health as a preferred choice meeting budgeted volume
- Planning, budgeting and managing to measurable success per the goals and objectives set
- Maintaining standards including recovery suites and staff components
- Performing an essential role for the successful launch of refinement of all aspects of Muve’s Care Model
- Develop and implement the strategic plan for disease management including database development, outcomes analysis, case management and population management.
- Develop and implement new lines of managed care business.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- 10+ years of management and nursing experience
- 3+ years managing Profit and Loss (Pnl) in a ASC, Home Health, or Hospital setting
- 3+ years managing the back office, front office, and facilities.
- Ability to produce relevant data around case counts and volumes in a board setting
- Demonstrated success with recruiting, managing and developing highly motivated teams
- Emotional Intelligence in managing teams, working with physicians and delivering patient care
- Experience with medical system processes including regulation, licensure, billing, measurement
- Demonstrated leadership experience seeking to improve clinical processes
- Cultural competence working with diverse populations; practitioners, patients and employee partners
- A sense of humor a must!
- Master’s Level RN preferred
- Prior experience sitting on a board a plus
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Leadership and Navigation
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of an office environment and, as such, is considered moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% of time.
Life is short. Do something that matters!
At Muve Health, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people live a better life. We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. The Muve experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
Muve Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We here at Muve Health value a diverse team.