Muve Health is an innovative healthcare delivery organization that develops, markets, and operates a unique set of hyper-specialized assets that provide care in a non-institutionalized setting. We believe in a better way for patients to experience it, a better way for Doctors to practice it, a better way for payers to support it, and a better way to build the entire model.
The Impact You’ll Have at Muve
Our Certified Nursing Assistant, or CNA, helps our patients with any health care needs. You will commit to providing our patients with efficient, courteous and compassionate care. This position carries out all assigned paraprofessional nursing care and treatment services in a prescribed and efficient manner.
- Provides individualized attention, which encourages each client's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for patients, and provides support to the patients according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the patients’ needs and preferences.
- Attends to the individual needs of patients, which may include assistance with personal care, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating or other needs in keeping with the individuals’ care requirements.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of patients in the delivery of services to them. Interacts with patients in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Fully understands all aspects of patients’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of patient's’ rights.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies to the charge nurse such as lighting or equipment problems.
- Protects the personal belongings of each client, including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing and memorabilia. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy and participates in efforts to locate missing items.
- Observes patients for changes in condition or behavior and promptly reports these changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including checking vital signs.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the patients, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Practices careful and efficient use of supplies and linen
- Completes certified nursing assistant records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Promotes a homelike environment for patients.
- 1+ years as a Certified Nursing Assistant within the healthcare setting
- CPR certified
- Texas State CNA certified
- Patience, motivation and a positive attitude
- Physically able and willing to lift patients for patient care
- The ability to read, write and understand the English language
- Ortho or Home Health Aid experience
- 5 years as a Certified Nursing Assistant with a Hospital or ASC
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Stress Management/Composure
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of an office environment and, as such, is considered moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 5% of time.
Life is short. Do something that matters!
At Muve Health, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people live a better life. We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. The Muve experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
Muve Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We here at Muve Health value a diverse team.