Muve Health is an innovative healthcare delivery organization that develops, markets, and operates a unique set of hyper-specialized assets that provide Total Joint Replacement (TJR) surgeries in a non-institutionalized setting. We thoughtfully reimagined the entire healthcare delivery model for TJR from the ground up by creating a premier national network of surgical facilities, focused solely on total hip and total knee replacement procedures. We believe in a better way for patients to experience it, a better way for Doctors to practice it, a better way for payers to support it, and a better way to build the entire model.
The Impact You’ll Have at Muve
Do you want to improve patient care and flow? How about eliminating barriers? As our Nurse Navigator, you’ll be an educator and advocate for our TJR patients. In this role, you can expect to coordinate patient engagement throughout the entire Muve Health episode of care from days before surgery through months following surgery. Collaborating with our multidisciplinary team, you will effectively coordinate patient care, ensure continuity of care and create a comfortable and exceptional patient experience. With the assistance of our proprietary software (RECON), our Nurse Navigator can manage the pre-op to post-op recovery phase for each patient through checkpoints and early intervention. Guided by our product development team, you will serve as a liaison for RECON and will work to actively help develop the software during the early stages and coordinate the work of practitioners who will be a defined part of the navigation cycle.
- Support and promote the care redesign program established to reduce the patient length of stay and avoid hospital readmissions as much as possible through nursing assessments, physician consultation, and patient/family care plan coordination.
- Coordinate all patient engagement functions including primary input into the development of patient education and engagement materials, coordination of patient education, coordination of direct contact with patients during pre-surgery evaluation and preparation, surgery and hospitalization, and following discharge from the hospital.
- Review and incorporate in care plan information from nursing assessments, physician integration and provided reports via RECON.
- Develop trust and rapport with bundling patients and families when patients are in the Muve Recovery Center, to ensure access to patients upon discharge home; track patients in the home setting with the goal of preventing hospital readmissions.
- Act as central point of contact for the patient and family during the 90-day episode
- Assist in service line development to improve patient care
- Track closely patients who are readmitted to the hospital, in an effort to bring the patients back to Muve Lakeway sooner in an effort to better coordinate care and reduce the hospital readmission length of stay.
- Identify the quality and performance measures
- Monitor clinical quality measures in real-time, intervening where possible to improve quality or minimize complications once they do occur
- Provides assessments of quality metrics and recommends areas for improvement with all clinical departments
- Provide primary input to identifying measures of quality for the entire episode of care
- Provide primary input into education needs prior to surgery for patients to understand how to plan for recovery and prevent complications
- Provide primary input into the design and development of educational materials for patients, including in-person education, presentations, guidebook materials, digital materials, and videos; supported by marketing and the integration team
- Coordinate the maintenance of up-to-date content of patient education in RECON
- Adheres to Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) professional standards and attends Muve in-service training sessions as directed. Provides age-appropriate care for all age groups
- 5+ years RN experience in a Hospital and/or ASC
- 2+ years clinical orthopedic experience with understanding of post-acute care
- 3+ years of experience in health education, with at least a portion in a direct education position dealing with the public.
- Active RN license as required by State
- BLS certification
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication and presentation skills required
- A sense of humor a must!
- BSN, Critical Care and/or PACU experience, and CNOR certification highly preferred
- ACLS Certifications
- Previous patient navigation or case management experience
- Knowledge of quality metrics, complications, and patient safety indicators; statistical training
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Learning Orientation
- Ethical Conduct
- Stress Management/Composure
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of an office environment and, as such, is considered moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
Life is short. Do something that matters!
At Muve Health, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people live a better life. We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. The Muve experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
Muve Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We here at Muve Health value a diverse team.