Muve Health is an innovative healthcare delivery organization that develops, markets, and operates a unique set of hyper-specialized assets that provide surgeries in a non-institutionalized setting. We thoughtfully reimagined the entire healthcare delivery model for TJA from the ground up by creating a premier national network of surgical facilities, focused solely on total hip and total knee replacement procedures. We believe in a better way for patients to experience it, a better way for Doctors to practice it, a better way for payers to support it, and a better way to build the entire model.
The Impact You’ll Have at Muve
Do you have a passion to build a game-changing company? As a member of the Muve leadership team, our VP, Operations will be a results-oriented operations leader who will be responsible for the performance of day to day operations for our Muve Locations. Reporting directly to our COO, as our VP of Operations you’ll lead and inspire a team responsible for the development and execution of Network Operations of our hyper-specialized total joint arthroplasty centers. This is an exciting new role where you can expect to identify opportunities and risks for delivering Muve’s operations clinically, financially, and regulatory.
- Provide day to day leadership to system administrators for the operations of Muve’s Ambulatory Surgery Centers and Home Health Services
- Develop teams and establish goals to achieve exceptional patient care and financial outcomes while assisting the COO in achieving financial and operating results at all levels of operation
- Review, develop, and assist in implementation of consistent company-wide, facility-based policies and procedures which will exceed all state and regulatory minimum requirements
- Develop (recommend for approval) and implement a yearly business plan and budget for each facility consistent with the company-wide business plan and budget.
- Assist in developing existing and new Muve Health facilities
- Set operational and/or performance goals for each program which are achievable and tied to long-term goals
- Establish and monitor performance reporting systems
- As a member of the Leadership team, will uphold, embrace and execute Muve Health’s mission, vision, values and focus to embrace the company culture
- Embrace and lead the operation’s essential goals for success: infrastructure of network operations
- Develop and execute the operating plans, goals, design, and implement of the Care Units as outlined in the business plan
- Facilitate business growth of Care Units in appropriate markets working with suppliers, subcontractors, technology providers, and strategic partners
- Help manage the overall operating budget for the Operation’s Department. Ensuring the annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, capital expenditures, staffing, and operations is within established approved budget.
- Lead the clinical pillars for Muve’s Integrated Care Pathways and Protocols along with the patient experience for Muve University development and implementation
- Inspire, develop, and lead the operational strategy to attain business goals related to operational and clinical outcomes
- Make decisions (with accountability) on contracts, infrastructure, design/development of Care Units and establish roadmap for success
- Become an industry expert by building relationships with thought leaders, start-ups, orthopedic surgeons, clinicians in the Total Joint Arthroplasty continuum - attend, network, and present at industry events, seminars and conferences
- Embrace challenges, opportunities, and lead teams with honesty, respect, positive thinking, dependability, kindness, and passion
- Embraces other additional tasks as assigned by the COO
What will make you a great fit for this role?
- Bachelor's degree in health-related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as healthcare leader with a passion to deliver exceptional patient care
- 3+ years experience managing and tracking an overall department operating budget
- A demonstrated track record of progressive leadership and executive experience in a Hospital, ASC, or Multi-Specialty healthcare environment
- Skilled in healthcare strategic project management
- Emotional intelligence; keen understanding of current trends in the healthcare industry today with influence and confluence for the future utilizing emotional intelligence.
- Experienced in a medical system, healthcare regulatory issues, licensures, and understanding the importance of integrating consumer-focused brand in non-hospital JV surgical and recovery care units to deliver high-quality care to patients
- Experienced in bending the cost curve, with creative and innovative new models of care that support and engage the patient population.
- Capable of working collaboratively with other business disciplines to close deals
- Working knowledge of CRM systems
- Proficient in Google Apps for business: Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous operations experience in healthcare, clinical and/or orthopedics strongly preferred
- Masters degree in Business Administrations, Healthcare Administration or related field
- Nursing Administration preferred
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of an office environment and, as such, is considered moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 60% of time.
Life is short. Do something that matters!
At Muve Health, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people live a better life. We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. The Muve experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
Muve Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We here at Muve Health value a diverse team.