Mutual Mobile is a world leading agency in mobile and emerging technology innovation and we are looking for an accomplished Technical Director to join our team!
We have built our success on the strategic use emerging technology and rapid execution of targeted marketing campaigns and skills development. This approach has resulted in a list of premier clients that come to us to build innovative experiences using emerging technology (Nike, Google, GM, Nestle, UnderArmour). We’ve seen this happen with iOS, Android, Wearables and IoT. We continue to evolve - it’s in our DNA - we stay on the forefront of innovation. Now, in 2019, we stand at the foot of a massive transition in emerging technology with the growth of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Voice, Bots, and more. We are ready to embrace these changes and to help our clients make the most of the opportunities they bring.
The Technical Director is part of the account leadership team that provides vision, solutions and leadership to client accounts at Mutual Mobile. The Technical Director will engage with clients from the beginning to provide technical solutions, advise on our engagement model and ensure that delivery runs smoothly and effectively. This person will work with the Client Services leaders to assist with pursuit work and with engineering, project management and design leaders to ensure best practices are put in place to establish the most effective and efficient delivery processes.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
* 5+ years of experience leading mobile application solutions efforts
* 10+ years of software development experience as an engineer, lead, or manager.
* Experience developing complex solutions for large scale clients.
* Ability to solve business problems.
* Understanding of all disciplines involved with client life-cycle to create the best results.
* Fluency in Agile theory and practice.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
* Knowledge of technical considerations related to mobile creative design.
* Agile project management experience and/or being a Certified Scrum Master.
* Experience in complex enterprise technologies, infrastructure, and practices.
* Experience in working with multiple teams and/or teams in remote locations.
* Experience in emerging trends and technologies in web, mobile applications, and backend systems.
* Experience in a technology-oriented professional services organization.
* Involved in an account from the pursuit through the delivery phase.
* Create the optimum technical solutions in the context of the customer's environment, requirements, and financial resources.
* Consult with clients on realistic budget, timeline, and resources (man-hours, technology, tools, equipment, etc) given client’s constraints; demonstrate leadership, business, and technical superiority and understanding to be the consultants for clients.
* Establish the engagement model with clients to set up for the best results.
* Understand pricing and incentive models in creating excellent results.
* Create and deliver values and success metrics to clients.
* Build prototypes to demo solutions to clients.
* Be a liaison between the account and delivery teams to ensure alignment.
* Provide architectural system design, and identify tools and technology to provide good system performance, an effective human-machine interface, optimal operational cost, and flexibility for future change.
* Maximizing the productivity of projects by installing an effective development environment, technical standards, and identifying the right talents for projects.
* Establish, develop, promote, and drive standard architecture, frameworks, guidelines and best practices.
* Build, train, and support project leads.
* Evaluate emerging trends and new technologies to advise clients on new ways to solve their existing and potential problems.
* Be an advocate in client-facing meetings with executives, managers, and technical leaders during pre-sales, discovery, and delivery for technical, business and client desires.
* Develop relationships with partners and vendors engaged in relevant projects and accounts; be conversant in their products and services.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems and processes. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.