As Engineering Manager for Mutual Mobile, you will be a key player in the definition and execution of company goals. You will define strategies to grow and strengthen the Engineering team, and be a leader in the development of software projects and a mentor and leader to Mutual Mobile's newer developers. This is a largely "people management" focused position.
More specifically, you will...
- Manage up to 10-15 direct reports.
- Provide technical and project oversight to 1-2 small or 1 medium sized project. Assist Project Managers on day to day project execution and team dynamics.
- Mentor team members for technical and business level topics via 1:1 meetings based on project and team member feedback.
- Be an evangelist for continued technical and personal growth within and outside Mutual Mobile.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by promoting new techniques, identifying growth areas for the department, and promoting Mutual Mobile and its capabilities in the industry
- Participate in pursuit activities including discussing technical capabilities at MM, understanding project scope, leading estimation and breakdown of work.
- Responsible for staffing projects in collaboration with project leadership.
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing, and mentoring junior and associate engineers
- A strong technical understanding of software development (at least 4 years of hands on development experience)
- Experience with Agile methodologies in a project based environment
- Previous consulting agency experience strongly preferred
- Experience in a largely "people management" based role
Why work for Mutual Mobile?
We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as Google, lynda.com
, Citi, and Xerox come to us for our deep experience in mobile — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. We won’t subject you to our current systems and processes - we would love it if instead you would help to improve them. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.