We’re looking for an experienced designer to join our team and create beautiful visual experiences for our users. We believe in pixel-perfect design that surprises and delights, and obsess over the smallest details while keeping the big picture in mind. Sound like fun? Come work hand-in-hand with our brilliant developers to design innovative mobile technology that thrills users.
What's in it for you:
- The chance to collaborate on custom mobile software products that will ship... and be seen & used by millions.
- You'll work side-by-side with world class mobile engineers and see your design team's hard work come to life.
- Amazing growth potential: you'll be challenged daily to solve problems and think creatively, and along the way, your abilities and leadership chops will strengthen exponentially.
A little about us:
- We prioritize our users over everything else, and refuse to settle for mediocre quality. We want to work with designers who hold these same standards.
- Our designers and engineers work together (literally side-by-side, everyday) from the beginning to the end of a project. We think this is super valuable not only to the quality of a product, but also to the day-to-day experience of designers like you.
- We hate to brag, but we’re working on some pretty cool sh*t. We’d love to tell you more about it. We’re in the services space so unfortunately that means we can’t show our coolest work online.
- We’re into Lean UX, and hope you are too.
In your first year at Mutual Mobile, you will:
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Software developers, Interaction Designers, Project Managers, & Quality Assurance Engineers) to build and ship custom mobile solutions.
- See anywhere from 1 to 3 client projects through from start to finish.
- Interface directly with clients, and have the opportunity to pitch conceptual work to potential customers.
- Mentor junior designers as they grow their careers (you won’t have managerial responsibilities, though, at least not initially).
Here are our firm requirements for the role:
- Experience designing & shipping a software product (this one is really important to us).
- At least 3 years of professional design experience.
- Having Interaction Design skills (research, creating personas and user stories, wireframing, prototyping).
- Clearly communicating with clients to understand their requirements and business logic of the product and pitch design ideas to them accordingly.
- High quality, updated work available to show us (PDF portfolios are okay). Please attach this to your initial application.
- Understanding of Agile development principles and willingness to work in an iterative design process (you work fast and can take criticism).
- Proficiency in Sketch/Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of iOS and Android design guidelines.
- In depth understanding of design principles such as layouts, colour and composition and typography.
We consider these things awesome, but not absolutely required:
- Experience with After Effects.
- Experience with prototyping tools (InVision, Marvel, Principle etc).
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as Audi, Cisco, Jaguar Land Rover and Google come to us for our deep experience in mobile — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in creative, engineering, and business to deliver solutions that actually matter.