For decades traditional B2B companies have relied on sales to personalize their pitch for each customer. As customer interactions have shifted online, over 99% of B2B customers today never talk to sales. Yet virtually every website displays the same generic content to all people. We are creating a new product category called audience-based optimization, to help companies personalize their online buying experience for each customer. Our starting point is helping SaaS companies personalize their website. Our ambition is to ultimately help every company in the world personalize their entire buying experience from website to ads to emails.
Our founders are early Gusto employees and scaled the company from 500 to 50,000 customers. They experienced firsthand the limitations of generic online content and the poor user experience it creates. They started Mutiny to transform the B2B buying experience for everyone in the world.
We are backed by some of the best seed investors in the valley including Y Combinator, growth and engineering leaders from Slack, Google, Facebook, Square, Yelp and Salesforce, and Cowboy Ventures and Uncork Capital (backers of Postmates, Intercom, Sendgrid and Eventbrite).
What we stand for:
We believe that diverse teams have the biggest impact. Our founding team is 50% female and 50% male. We have maintained this same diversity ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
In addition to diversity, these values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
But enough about us, let’s talk about you and what you’d be doing at Mutiny.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for an exceptional product designer to join our team. Audience-based optimization is a new category and therefore most customers don’t intuitively know how to get started. Your challenge is to guide a customer who currently has a generic web experience to quickly understand their web audience and launch personalized experiences that outperform generic content. As the first designer, you will have tremendous autonomy and execution leadership. This role is particularly suited for a senior product designer who likes to think holistically about brands and user experience across marketing and product.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- Work closely with beta customers to understand their workflows and all the friction points in their journey of implementing personalization -- from creating their first personalized experience to surfacing insights that can help them iterate and create new personalized experiences.
- Effectively integrate data into the user experience to inform customer actions in the product.
- Design and continuously optimize the user experience through in-person and online user testing.
- Own the most important metric in the business: time it takes a new user to launch their first successful personalized experience.
- Influence the entire Mutiny brand. As you can tell by the name, we plan to stand out with a bold and inspiring brand. You will partner closely with the CEO to define and materialize that brand in our product and website experience.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of product design experience, ideally at companies that have successfully created a new product category.
- Proven ability to design intuitive product experiences from scratch and iterate with qualitative and quantitative user testing.
- Be the voice for extraordinary design and champion design thinking efforts across all areas of the company
- Genuine empathy for growth marketers and a passion for helping companies grow.
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.