For decades traditional B2B companies have relied on sales to personalize their pitch for each customer. As customer interactions have shifted online, over 99% of B2B customers today never talk to sales. Yet virtually every website displays the same generic content to all people. We are creating a new product category called audience-based optimization, to help companies personalize their online buying experience for each customer. Our starting point is helping SaaS companies personalize their website. Our ambition is to ultimately help every company in the world personalize their entire buying experience from website to ads to emails.
Our founders are early Gusto employees and scaled the company from 500 to 50,000 customers. They experienced firsthand the limitations of generic online content and the poor user experience it creates. They started Mutiny to transform the B2B buying experience for everyone in the world.
We are backed by some of the best seed investors in the valley including Y Combinator, growth and engineering leaders from Slack, Google, Facebook, Square, Yelp and Salesforce, and Cowboy Ventures and Uncork Capital (backers of Postmates, Intercom, Sendgrid, and Eventbrite).
What we stand for:
We believe that diverse teams have the biggest impact. Our founding team is 50% female and 50% male. We have maintained this same diversity ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
In addition to diversity, these values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
But enough about us, let’s talk about you and what you’d be doing at Mutiny.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for an ambitious software developer to join as our small engineering team. You will build, test, and ship software across the stack; from browser clients to render personalized web experiences, to performant APIs to distribute data in real-time, to high-throughput data pipelines for ingesting user data. As an early member of the team, you will define the architecture of our core systems, own products from infrastructure to UX, and work closely with the CTO to set the tone for the engineering culture. This role is particularly suited for senior engineers interested in building scalable web infrastructure in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- Architect, build, test, and ship highly-available services that deliver personalization at scale.
- Create and maintain open source clients our customers will use to integrate Mutiny into their stack.
- Use machine learning to surface audience segments and recommend personalizations.
- Use data to support product decisions and prioritize the right projects for the team.
- Use the right language and framework for the challenge at hand. Currently we have services in Ruby, Golang, and TypeScript and are open to expanding our stack to best address our engineering challenges.
- Build great user experiences that allow customers to easily understand their web audience and create unique experiences for them.
- Work with the founders to influence product direction and bring structure to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a web development or infrastructure position.
- Fluency in a backend programming language such as Python, Ruby, Golang or Scala.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other relational database, and an understanding of database performance.
- Advocate of automated testing. We always include a full suite of tests for a feature to verify and future proof our code.
- Open source contributors who want to release and maintain high-quality open source libraries.
- A proponent of diverse and inclusive engineering cultures, and a commitment to fostering such an environment.
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.