For decades traditional B2B companies have relied on sales to personalize their message for each customer, helping them communicate with empathy and clarity. As customer interactions have shifted online, over 99% of B2B customers today never talk to sales. Yet virtually every website displays the same generic content to all people. We are creating a new product category called audience-based optimization, to help companies personalize their online buying experience for each customer. Our starting point is helping SaaS companies personalize their website. Our ambition is to ultimately help every company in the world personalize their entire buying experience from website to ads to emails.
Our founders are early Gusto employees and scaled the company from 500 to 50,000 customers. They experienced firsthand the limitations of generic online content and the poor user experience it creates. They started Mutiny to transform the B2B buying experience for everyone in the world.
We are backed by some of the best seed investors in the valley including Y Combinator, growth and engineering leaders from Slack, Google, Facebook, Square, Yelp and Salesforce, and Cowboy Ventures and Uncork Capital (backers of Postmates, Intercom, Sendgrid and Eventbrite).
What we stand for:
We believe that diverse teams have the biggest impact. Our founding team is 50% female and 50% male. We have maintained this same diversity ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
In addition to diversity, these values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the post, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
But enough about us, let’s talk about you and what you’d be doing at Mutiny.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for a magical growth marketer who wants to create a movement that inspires marketers all over the world to personalize their customer experience. This is an incredibly unique role in that it combines aspects of product marketing, performance marketing and customer success, and has a clear path to managing a team. It has 3 components: (a) work closely with each of our customers to create personalized experiences for their website visitors and achieve success with Mutiny as quickly as possible (b) synthesize those learnings to build a scalable and truly differentiated customer experience for all new Mutiny customers (c) spread the personalization gospel around the world by finding creative ways to tell our customers' success stories.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- Work closely with each customer to understand their business, create/execute effective personalization experiences and measure their impact.
- Perform analysis on customer data to understand who is visiting their website and how those visitors can be segmented for personalized experiences.
- Stay on top of the latest and greatest in website user experience and personalization across b2c and b2b. Bring those ideas back to our customers and product team to implement.
- Codify the learnings from individual customers into a scalable onboarding and customer success experience that helps all our customers create better personalized experiences and reach success more quickly.
- Design a differentiated and engaging experience that helps our customers achieve success and get inspired -- from kick-off calls to onboarding bootcamps to in-product help and emails to live events.
- Gather insights from customers to surface ideas for new product features and work with our product and engineering team to make those ideas a reality.
- Write informative and engaging blog posts that share the success of our customers with others in the industry and increase Mutiny’s awareness.
- The ideal profile for this role is someone who can build the function from scratch and lead it as we grow. Therefore, we strongly prefer people who are already leading a team or have the ambition and aptitude to lead.
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of growth or product marketing experience and 2+ years of working directly with customers in a strategy consulting or growth advising capacity.
- An exceptionally creative thinker who is quick on their feet and can pull things together in a scrappy way.
- A strong collaborator and communicator that virtually everyone loves to work with.
- Good project management skills. Can stay organized and keep the trains running on time to hit goals.
- An appetite and aptitude to learn about growth systems and optimization analytics.
- Genuine empathy for growth marketers and a strong intuition for how to help companies grow and optimize their user experience. Obsessed with acquisition user experience and constantly pushing the envelope.
- Someone who can write practical advice in a crisp, clear and engaging way.
- Is interested in managing and inspiring a team.
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.
- Someone who is unafraid to experiment because they know that if you shoot for the stars the worst that can happen is you will land on the moon :)