Musixmatch is the leading Music Metadata company featuring the world’s largest Lyrics catalog and +70 mln users as contributors. Musixmatch is the preferred partner of companies like Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Saavn, MTV, Shazam, Vevo and has partnership with +4,000 indie music publishers and top music publishers like Sony/ATV, EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights and Harry Fox Agency.
As a Finance Business Analyst you will interact heavily with customers, vendors, operations, sales and accounting teams. You will manage and assist in the various monthly billing process reviews for our clients and vendors, working closely with Business Developers, Project Managers and Engineers, to understand and interpret the billing process in order to ensure that the integrity of all data flow is accurate and complete.
The location of this position is in Bologna, Italy.
- Interprets orders and agreements and converts them into accurate invoices for customers as well as invoices to be received from vendors.
- Maintains billing system by entering and updating tables, rate plans, system configurations, and new product definitions; coordinating procedures with system engineers.
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvements within existing billing platforms and processes.
- Enhance modelling / reporting capabilities.
- Acts as a liaison between Finance and Client Services in reviewing and resolving any billing discrepancies.
- Responsible for maintaining various financial trackers (revenue, billing, burn reports, etc).
- Proactively document, follow up on, and close out in a timely fashion any revenue, budgeting, billing, invoicing, or payment issues that pertain to Client(s) and Vendors.
- Assist in the creation and preparation of annual budget & quarterly forecast.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as requested such as assisting other finance team members in a variety of other finance functions.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Experience developing and navigating complex financial models.
- Ability to forge strong Client and Vendor relationships and communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to be autonomous and take initiative where needed.
- Ability to play a mentor role to other staff in the team.
- Prior experience working with Excel and BI Tools.
- Fluent in English and ability to speak any other additional European language is considered a plus.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of practical work experience in analytical roles, with hands-on budgeting, cost controlling and forecasting experience. Entertainment industry experience considered a plus.
- B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Business, Mathematics or Economics; MBA a plus.
- Previous hands-on experience handling billing processes.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced start-up tech environment is considered a plus.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple priorities, and meet constant deadlines.