Musixmatch is the leading Music Metadata company featuring the world’s largest Lyrics catalog and +70 mln users as contributors. Musixmatch is the preferred partner of companies like Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Saavn, MTV, Shazam, Vevo and has partnership with +4,000 indie music publishers and top music publishers like Sony/ATV, EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights and Harry Fox Agency.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Musixmatch is looking for a systems engineer for designing and maintaining our server architecture.
Our team is smart, ambitious, and supportive — above all, we are excited by what we do. While meeting regular deadlines and being focused on quick, quality completion of projects, the environment is relaxed and fun.
Every member of the Musixmatch Team is expected to: be an Innovator; be a Collaborator; be a Champion for their ideas; be an Expert; have High Standards; be dedicated to the power of self-organized groups and our mission of A and most importantly, Get Stuff Done That Makes a Difference!
- Conceiving, implementing and maintaining the infrastructure for highly available and scalable web projects with a service-oriented approach
- Participate in the on-call rotation for mission critical systems
- Designing and building a wide variety of tools to help support the infrastructure
- At least 4 years of professional experience on Linux systems.
- Experience with both Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience in large Docker and Kubernetes deployments
- Experience using monitoring tools like Zabbix or Nagios.
- Experience in system configuration / administration of Elasticsearch, Couchbase and MySQL clusters
- Experience with nginx, varnish, apache2 and php.
- Deep knowledge of apt-based distributions (debian, ubuntu LTS).
- High proficiency in bash scripting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with geo replication and CDNs.
- Experience using provisioning systems like Salt, Chef or Puppet.
- Programming skills in perl, python or php.
- Deep knowledge of networking tools like traceroute, nmap and tcpdump.