Are you interested in a career as a Data Visualization Engineer at Musixmatch?
Currently we do not have an open position, however if you believe you have what it takes to form part of Musixmatch for future opportunities in Data Visualization, apply here and we will consider your spontaneous application.
Musixmatch is the leading Music Metadata company featuring the world’s largest Lyrics catalog and +70 mln users as contributors. Musixmatch is the preferred partner of companies like Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Saavn, MTV, Shazam, Vevo and has partnership with +4,000 indie music publishers and top music publishers like Sony/ATV, EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights and Harry Fox Agency.
For our Infrastructure team we’re currently looking for a Data Visualization Engineer. The Infrastructure team is located in Bologna, Italy.
Your duties will include:
- Tackle complex data-related problems leveraging some of the most diverse datasets available at Musixmatch – user behaviors, content usage and music and lyrics metadata, to name a few.
- Develop data visualizations to communicate the gained insights and help the management and the product team to steer Musixmatch business in the right direction.
- With the analytics team, design and develop the infrastructure needed to perform all the above tasks.
Most of the time, your duties will not only be to answer well defined questions, but also to distill those questions from other teams needs or “gut feelings” that need to be verified.
- Strong Experience with both Tableau and PowerBI when connected to an AWS Data Lake
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with relational databases and/or key-value stores; data access optimization
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Data Lake infrastructure (in particular S3 hosted data, Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, Athena, Glue, EMR)
- Experience with both Windows and Unix environments
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Most of the Musixmatch analytics backend is written in Perl; previous experience with Perl is something we value but is not strictly required.
You should preferably have worked with large data sets before, the larger, the better. Experience with databases, MapReduce and similar is definitely something we value.
- Previous experience with large scale analytics
- Experience with dynamic languages (Node.js / Typescript is preferable)
- Experience with music metadata
- You should preferably have worked with large data sets before, the larger, the better. Experience with databases, MapReduce, Hadoop and similar is definitely something we value.
- Degree in Statistics, Math, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, or another quantitative discipline.