Musixmatch is the leading Music Metadata company featuring the world’s largest Lyrics catalog and +70 mln users as contributors. Musixmatch is the preferred partner of companies like Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Saavn, MTV, Shazam, Vevo and has partnership with +4,000 indie music publishers and top music publishers like Sony/ATV, EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights and Harry Fox Agency.
For our Data & Analytics team we’re currently looking for a Data Analysis Engineer.
The Data & Analytics team is located in Bologna, Italy.
Your duties will include:
- Tackle complex data-related problems leveraging some of the most diverse datasets available at Musixmatch – user behaviors, content usage and music and lyrics metadata, to name a few.
- Develop data visualizations to communicate the gained insights and help the management and the product team to steer Musixmatch business in the right direction.
- With the analytics team, design and develop the infrastructure needed to perform all the above tasks.
Most of the time, your duties will not only be to answer well defined questions, but also to distill those questions from other teams needs or “gut feelings” that need to be verified.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- To be able to work with our very large datasets and automate processes. Programming skill is a must.
- Experience with dynamic languages (Perl is preferable)
- You have extensive experience with relational databases and/or key-value stores
- Experience with *nix systems
- Experience with data visualization tools (d3, Tableau, ggplot2, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Most of the Musixmatch analytics backend is written in Perl; previous experience with Perl is something we value but is not strictly required.
You should preferably have worked with large data sets before, the larger, the better. Experience with databases, MapReduce and similar is definitely something we value.
- Previous experience with large scale analytics
- Experience with distributed/scalable systems and high-volume applications
- Experience with statistical programming environments like R
- Experience with Hive, Pig and similar technologies
- Experience with music metadata
- Degree in Statistics, Math, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, or another quantitative discipline.