Are you interested in a career as a Junior Android Developer at Musixmatch?
Currently we do not have an open position, however if you believe you have what it takes to form part of Musixmatch for future opportunities as a Junior Android Developer, apply here and we will consider your spontaneous application.
Musixmatch is the leading Music Metadata company featuring the world’s largest Lyrics catalog and +70 mln users as contributors. Musixmatch is the preferred partner of companies like Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Saavn, MTV, Shazam, Vevo and has partnership with +4,000 indie music publishers and top music publishers like Sony/ATV, EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights and Harry Fox Agency.
Given the fast-paced market environment and the start-up nature of our business, we are looking for passionate, entrepreneurial, outstanding personalities continuously striving to make our business better: day-by-day, every day.
As a Junior Android Engineer, you will help developing mobile experiences that have a global impact by working closely with other smart, dedicated engineers, designers and product managers.
You are expected to improve on writing clean, maintainable code while advocating Android best practices, great usability and exceptional quality. Our team is smart, ambitious, and supportive — above all, we are excited by what we do. While meeting regular deadlines and being focused on quick, quality completion of projects, the environment is relaxed and fun.
Every member of the Musixmatch Team is expected to:
- Be an Innovator;
- Be a Collaborator;
- Be a Champion for their ideas;
- Be an Expert;
- Have High Standards;
- “Get Things Done” That Makes a Difference!
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or work experience;
- 1+ years experience developing, releasing and maintaining native Android Applications;
- A general understanding of the Android framework, Google support libraries and Java programming language;
- Familiarity with the Android development tools such as Android Studio;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git or GitHub;
- Basic knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles is a plus;
- Passion for creating high-quality consumer apps.