The way we eat in today’s fast-paced modern world is quickly evolving away from the traditional home cooked, sit-down dinners of the past. We still want to eat well, but life often gets in the way. We are frequently too busy to cook, uninspired to cook, or maybe just not a very good cook.
Unfortunately, most convenient alternatives to home cooking sacrifice quality, taste, health—or all of the above. Fast, frozen, and processed foods are neither fresh nor healthy, and restaurant delivery can be tasty, but not a healthy choice for everyday. Meal kits attempt to solve the problems of modern mealtime, but while they can be fun, many people still don’t have the time for or interest in them.
We started Munchery in 2011 as an easy, online food delivery service to help busy people put a fast, delicious dinner on the table without any of the work, mess or waste—to provide a convenient alternative to unhealthy choices like fast food, frozen food, and restaurant delivery. We cook as we would for our own families at home, and deliver wholesome, delicious food to our customers. We deliver real food for real life.
What You’ll Do
This is a fulfillment and logistics role. Using a company owned Sprinter van or 16ft refrigerated truck, van drivers are responsible for the safe and careful loading and transport of thousands of packaged meals to our of our fulfillment centers. Additionally this role serves as the terminal point for our local delivery teams. Van drivers must be flexible because daily they work in our cold room helping our fulfillment team ready packages for delivery. Van drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
- Transport packaged meals in a van or truck.
- Careful and defensive driving.
- Customer Service and communication with Customers and retail partner(s).
- Communicate issues to both operations and delivery staff.
- Pickup of goods from local vendors.
- Work in a team to pack high volume of customer orders in a large cold room environment (36-40 degrees Fahrenheit).
What You’ll Bring
- At least 2 years of driving experience.
- A valid Drivers License
- Strong sense of punctuality and reliability.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
What Would be Great
- Commercial Class A Drivers License.
- ServSafe certification
What You’ll Get
- Munchery t-shirts!
- Competitive compensation package
- Free food when available!
- Employee discount program (never worry about dinner again)