The way we eat in today’s fast-paced modern world is quickly evolving away from the traditional home cooked, sit-down dinners of the past. We still want to eat well, but life often gets in the way. We are frequently too busy to cook, uninspired to cook, or maybe just not a very good cook.
Unfortunately, most convenient alternatives to home cooking sacrifice quality, taste, health—or all of the above. Fast, frozen, and processed foods are neither fresh nor healthy, and restaurant delivery can be tasty, but not a healthy choice for everyday. Meal kits attempt to solve the problems of modern mealtime, but while they can be fun, many people still don’t have the time for or interest in them.
We started Munchery in 2011 as an easy, online food delivery service to help busy people put a fast, delicious dinner on the table without any of the work, mess or waste—to provide a convenient alternative to unhealthy choices like fast food, frozen food, and restaurant delivery. We cook as we would for our own families at home, and deliver wholesome, delicious food to our customers. We deliver real food for real life.
What You'll Do
Munchery’s has a strong commitment to top of the line food preparation procedures as well as food safety excellence. We are both SQF and USDA certified. The Food Safety & Quality Technician is a key resource is monitoring and documenting our food safety procedures.
- Maintain and monitor facility food safety, sanitation and documentation.
- Daily, weekly and monthly inspections to ensure compliance with various protocols.
- Periodic QC equipment calibration and preparing lab samples
- Daily in-process quality control inspections and testing.
- Assist with various documentation and data entry tasks.
- Document control and maintain the established food safety and quality management system including procedures and records for good manufacturing practices (GMPs), sanitation programs (SSOPs), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and all food safety prerequisite programs.
- Investigates food safety related complaints from customers. Communicate the food quality issues and feedbacks reported from customer care.
- Periodically evaluate food quality to identify potential defects: overseeing of CP, CCP and preventative controls.
- Document non-conformities (deviation), communicate between departments, and do the follow-up on corrective actions and preventive measures.
- Ability to conduct training programs for food safety and quality related subjects.
What You'll Bring
- 1 to 2 years experience in similar role
- Food science or science background a strong plus.
- Good understanding of food safety
- Familiarity or experience with a high-volume food manufacturing environment
- Team player with ability to collaborate with team members
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with strong analytical
- Communication skills, both verbal and writing.
What Would be Great
- Fluency in Spanish would be great