The way we eat in today’s fast-paced modern world is quickly evolving away from the traditional home cooked, sit-down dinners of the past. We still want to eat well, but life often gets in the way. We are frequently too busy to cook, uninspired to cook, or maybe just not a very good cook.
Unfortunately, most convenient alternatives to home cooking sacrifice quality, taste, health—or all of the above. Fast, frozen, and processed foods are neither fresh nor healthy, and restaurant delivery can be tasty, but not a healthy choice for everyday. Meal kits attempt to solve the problems of modern mealtime, but while they can be fun, many people still don’t have the time for or interest in them.
We started Munchery in 2011 as an easy, online food delivery service to help busy people put a fast, delicious dinner on the table without any of the work, mess or waste—to provide a convenient alternative to unhealthy choices like fast food, frozen food, and restaurant delivery. We cook as we would for our own families at home, and deliver wholesome, delicious food to our customers. We deliver real food for real life.
What You’ll Do
As part of our Delivery Team, you are one of Munchery’s brand ambassadors—the face of Munchery! Our Delivery Team plays an integral role in ensuring excellent customer service and a smooth delivery process to our customers by hand-delivering a customer's order right to their doors. You are expected to be hospitality focused, as well as represent Munchery's commitment to high quality food, delivered on time. You are not a contractor but rather a highly valued employee critical to executing Munchery's mission. You also get the perks and benefits associated with being an employee!
- Shifts are scheduled 3:30pm to 8:00pm
- Delivery team members are expected to maintain a clean appearance and refrain from smoking during an entire shift
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Delivery team members should be available for 4 to 5 shifts per week
What You’ll Bring
- Delivery drivers must be at least 21 years of age
- Your own, well-maintained car
- A valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record (no more than two points)
- Have up to date liability and bodily injury insurance
- Your own smartphone (iPhone or Android)
- Geographical knowledge of San Francisco
- An attitude of hospitality with the desire to please customers
- Fluent in English
- Ability to carry and lift 40lbs. Climb hills or stairs safely
What Would be Great
- Customer service experience
- Experience as a delivery driver
- Experience working at an on-demand economy company
What You’ll Get
- Munchery t-shirts!
- Competitive compensation packages, tips, and mileage reimbursement ($0.54/mile)
- Data reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program (never worry about dinner again)