The way we eat in today’s fast-paced modern world is quickly evolving away from the traditional home cooked, sit-down dinners of the past. We still want to eat well, but life often gets in the way. We are frequently too busy to cook, uninspired to cook, or maybe just not a very good cook.
Unfortunately, most convenient alternatives to home cooking sacrifice quality, taste, health—or all of the above. Fast, frozen, and processed foods are neither fresh nor healthy, and restaurant delivery can be tasty, but not a healthy choice for everyday. Meal kits attempt to solve the problems of modern mealtime, but while they can be fun, many people still don’t have the time for or interest in them.
We started Munchery in 2011 as an easy, online food delivery service to help busy people put a fast, delicious dinner on the table without any of the work, mess or waste—to provide a convenient alternative to unhealthy choices like fast food, frozen food, and restaurant delivery. We cook as we would for our own families at home, and deliver wholesome, delicious food to our customers. We deliver real food for real life.
What You'll Do
Our Janitors are the key resource for maintaining Munchery's high standards of cleanliness, food safety and quality standards. This role champions best practices for food safety and work environment cleanliness to help us maintain our numerous industry certifications.
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of the facility and work spaces including but not limited to, bathrooms, floors, hallways, walls, employee break areas, work stations, meeting areas, etc.
- Working with cleaning chemical as well as the equipment needed to clean a food production facility
- Supervise to handle sanitation chemicals safely
- Accurately record the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sanitation records on time and on site, and turn in the completed sanitation records to QC office
- Direct communication with facility manager and on-site QC personnel on issues and recommendations
- Periodic testing and documentation of chemical/sanitizer concentrations.
- Maintain all Food Safety and USDA cleaning guidelines.
What You'll Bring
- 1 to 2 years experience in similar role.
- Familiarity or experience working in a high-volume production facility environment
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Team player with strong problem-solving and
What Would be Great
- Sanitation Training
- GMP Training
- OSHA Training
- Experience in the food processing sanitation industry