The way we eat in today’s fast-paced modern world is quickly evolving away from the traditional home cooked, sit-down dinners of the past. We still want to eat well, but life often gets in the way. We are frequently too busy to cook, uninspired to cook, or maybe just not a very good cook.
Unfortunately, most convenient alternatives to home cooking sacrifice quality, taste, health—or all of the above. Fast, frozen, and processed foods are neither fresh nor healthy, and restaurant delivery can be tasty, but not a healthy choice for everyday. Meal kits attempt to solve the problems of modern mealtime, but while they can be fun, many people still don’t have the time for or interest in them.
We started Munchery in 2011 as an easy, online food delivery service to help busy people put a fast, delicious dinner on the table without any of the work, mess or waste—to provide a convenient alternative to unhealthy choices like fast food, frozen food, and restaurant delivery. We cook as we would for our own families at home, and deliver wholesome, delicious food to our customers. We deliver real food for real life.
What You’ll Do
As a Plating Team Member, you are responsible for plating the food in containers for customers, kitchen organization, and maintaining professional kitchen etiquette. We are looking for part-time and full-time employees to work at our South San Francisco facility, located 10-15 minutes walking distance from the San Bruno BART station.
- Check-in every day with Plating Lead to receive specifications regarding that day’s production schedule.
- Work in a chilled environment.
- Assist with preparing plating table including retrieving necessary packaging products and food components from various areas of the kitchen.
- Adhere to plating guidelines regarding portion size, ensuring use of the correct
tool to portion food into a container.
- Utilize tools such as conveyor belt or depositor to meet plating specifications
and or to increase efficiency.
- Help ensure each plated meal is an exact replica of the example presentation.
- Responsible for assigned piece of each plate, ensuring that portion sizes and presentation meet specification of the example.
- Communicate regularly with team members around quality and timing.
- Responsible for holding team members accountable to presentation specifics and assisting where needed, when able.
- Accurately and efficiently place labeled sleeve on packaging once plating is complete.
- Quickly take instructions from Plating Leads and apply changes quickly.
- Regularly assess processes for ways to improve and provide feedback
directly to Plating Lead.
- Communicate issues or concerns about team dynamics to Plating Lead.
What You’ll Bring
- Stable and progressive career history (one or more years) working in a high volume kitchen environment.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a cold room. exposed to cold temperatures (36-40 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Ability to be efficient and timely with repetitive tasks, while maintaining
a high level of quality.
- A strong sense of teamwork
- California Food Handler’s Card
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (41 degrees).
- Must be able to use a digital scale, and understand gram weights
- Must be meticulous and consistent in their work
- Must be able to read recipes in English
- Must be able to work Sundays
What Would be Great
- ServSafe certification.
- Experience working in a demanding cold production or warehouse environment
- Experience working in the food industry
- Bilingual English and Spanish