Mothership Strategies is a top-ranking Democratic digital advertising and fundraising firm. In the 2018 cycle we registered, persuaded and mobilized voters in more than 130 congressional, senate, state and local races across the country through digital ads. Mothership has raised over $300 million for some of the largest Democratic campaigns and progressive causes. We work collaboratively to create industry-leading tactics and engagement strategies for campaigns of all sizes. We are a motivated and passionate team that loves solving big challenges and working to achieve great results. When Democratic candidates and organizations need to impact elections, they call us.
The Digital Advertising Strategist, Media Planning is responsible for building effective digital advertising programs for our acquisition and direct donate campaigns on behalf of Democratic candidates and progressive organizations.
This position is salaried starting at $50,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating media plans, strategies and targeting for a high volume of list growth and direct donate programs for Democratic candidates and progressive organizations
- Working with clients to identify program goals, forecast results, and develop strategies to achieve them
- Developing acquisition and direct donate media plans, ensuring they are accurate and in line with client goals and designed to maximize high-ROI acquisition sources
- Communicating and seeking approval for media plans and written content with internal and external stakeholders, working with the team to incorporate feedback in a timely and efficient manner
- Generating ideas for great advertising messages and hooks and working with the creative team to see them through to completion
- Overseeing a robust calendar of acquisition and direct donate programs, ensuring that upcoming deadlines are met and client needs are being addressed proactively
- Performing other duties as necessary
- Wants to work on the frontlines of progressive politics and electing Democrats
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a digital advertising or media planning role, preferably in a political setting and/or with direct response advertising programs
- Understanding of digital advertising best practices and trends
- Extremely detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Can learn new skills in a fast-paced political setting
- Some client management experience a plus
- Can commute to our office in the heart of the U Street Corridor, and is comfortable working a-typical hours (on both nights and weekends) leading up to key election dates
- Healthcare / dental / vision up to 100 percent of your premiums
- 18 flexible PTO days
- 401k and 4% employer match from day one
- Monthly student loan payments in perpetuity until your loans are paid off
- Fully stocked kitchen with food and snacks
- Metro/Parking paid up to $260/mo (the federal max!)
- Uber/Lyft paid for if you work late
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Standing desks at your request
- Contribution to your gym membership
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- A brand new two-story office in the Manhattan Laundry complex right off of 14th street. (Think exposed brick and conference rooms named after Presidential pets).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Mothership Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that fights for progressive values nationwide, we’re committed to building a community based in diversity and inclusion at all levels. To that end, we strictly prohibit discrimination based on age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants of all backgrounds who an interest in progressive politics are able and encouraged to apply!
No phone calls please.