Are you interested in the ins and outs of Democratic online fundraising? Do you see projects through from beginning to end? Are you someone who refreshes breaking news and thrives in fast-paced situations?
Mothership Strategies is looking for Digital Strategists to join our online fundraising team. As a Digital Strategist, you will learn to execute the fundraising process from start to finish. This process includes writing impactful email copy, loading emails using basic HTML, and analyzing performance data effectively. Our diverse clientele includes organizations, PACs, and campaigns -- we work with them all! Once you’re all trained up, you’ll be communicating with your clients and running a high-octane program.
This position is salaried starting at $48,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
- Commitment to furthering progressive causes and electing Democratic candidates nationwide.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Is excited to learn new skills and is good at working through problems.
- Learns quickly and can independently apply what they learn through hands-on experience.
- Experience using Blue State Digital, ActionKit, ActBlue preferred, but not required.
- HTML experience preferred, but not required.
- Relevant experience with campaigns, political fundraising or digital preferred, but not required.
In this job you will:
- Join one of our email fundraising teams to drive high fundraising results for our clients.
- Learn to craft content strategy, participate in weekly planning meetings, and analyze success of test emails.
- Take part in our holistic approach to email fundraising by drafting emails, loading using HTML (no prior coding experience is required, but is a plus!), and perform quality assurance checks to ensure emails meet our excellent standards.
- Serve as the daily point of contact for clients to approve content, participate on check-in calls and answer questions.
- Build signup forms and donation pages.
- Attend daily team check-in meetings.
- Have weekly 1-1 check-ins with your Manager to get regular feedback and development.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the team overall.
ABOUT MOTHERSHIP STRATEGIES
We are experts in engaging grassroots supporters online through email fundraising, digital advocacy, and online advertising. Mothership has raised over $300 million for some of the largest Democratic campaigns and progressive causes. We work collaboratively to create industry-leading tactics and engagement strategies for campaigns of all sizes. We are a motivated and passionate team that loves taking ownership of tasks, solving problems, and working towards results. When Democratic candidates and organizations need to unite millions of supporters to raise money online, they call us.
- Healthcare / dental / vision up to 100 percent of your premiums
- 18 flexible PTO days
- 401k and 4% employer match from day one
- Monthly student loan payments in perpetuity until your loans are paid off
- Fully stocked kitchen with food and snacks
- Metro/Parking paid up to $260/mo
- Uber/Lyft paid for if you work late
- Dinner’s on us if you work late, and lunch is on us if you’re called into the office on a weekend
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors; Standing desks at your request
- Contribution to your gym membership
- An annual stipend you can apply to continue your learning and development by attending conferences and networking events, or taking classes to further your skills.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- A brand new two-story office in the Manhattan Laundry complex right off of 14th street. (Think exposed brick and conference rooms named after Presidential pets).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Mothership Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that fights for progressive values nationwide, we’re committed to building a community based in diversity and inclusion at all levels. To that end, we strictly prohibit discrimination based on age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants of all backgrounds are able and encouraged to apply!
No phone calls please.