Moovweb fixes the web and powers the fastest, smoothest websites. The Moovweb Platform is an Experience Delivery Network (XDN) that powers web experiences for ⅓ of Americans each month. It is trusted by some of large brands like United Airlines, Harley Davidson, Nordstrom, 1-800Flowers, four of the top seven US insurance brands, and a number of the top 50 banks, and 100s of other household brand names. Spend a few minutes browsing 1800flowers.com
on your phone to experience the Moovweb Platform.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced front-end Software Engineer to be a part of building the next generation of mobile products on the Moovweb platform. These include mobile/tablet websites, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and hybrid applications for all mobile devices.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
- Advanced knowledge of modern HTML, CSS and web standards
- Strong ability to debug web pages using Chrome DevTools and similar tools
- Good design sensibilities and awareness of UX best practices
- Strong collaborator and teammate, with exceptional communication skills
- Available for periodic on call support rotation
- 2-3 years of prior front-end development experience
- Experience with at least one modern JS framework such as React, Vue, Angular, Ember, etc...
- Experience building REST APIs with node.js.
- Experience with bug tracking tools like JIRA and with version control systems like Git
- Prior mobile web development experience
- JSS, SASS, LESS or other CSS preprocessors.
- Unix command line
- Functional Programming
- Familiarity with http and network requests
- Knowledge of website performance tuning and optimization
The ideal candidate is:
- Eager to be on the cutting edge of the evolving landscape of web tech. At Moovweb, we choose our tech wisely, but we love to learn and experiment. We hope you do too!
- Passionate about performance. As users we hate slow websites. As engineers, we're excited about the taking on the performance challenges of mobile web. From service workers and AMP to caching at edge and SSR, we wring the most out of every byte sent over the network!
- Inspired by great UX. We make our users' web experience better one tap at a time. We love building simple, intuitive apps that look great too!
- Passionate about engineering; looks for novel and creative solutions to complex, systemic problems. Has a proven ability to look beyond the surface to understand root causes in building long term solutions.
We offer competitive salary, equity, and other benefits including 401(k), full medical/dental/vision package that includes support for families, unlimited vacation policy, an inviting office in a prime location, community volunteering, sports groups, Women@Moovweb, fully-stocked kitchen, Yoga, game night, Movie Night, and fun team outings in the beautiful Bay Area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.