WHO WE ARE:
Monetate is built on the principle that all people are different and that a customer-centric perspective will outperform a “one-size-fits-all” approach. Our SaaS platform uses machine learning/artificial intelligence to enable world-class brands to deliver relevant, personalized experiences to all of their customers across all of their channels (web, mobile, in-store, etc.), in real-time, and at scale - we served more than two billion personalized experiences over Cyber weekend alone.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A SENIOR SALES ENGINEER:
To deliver on our vision and provide more relevant and personalized experiences for each individual, we are looking for a Sales Engineer to complement our growing team. While you partner with the Sales team and become the trusted advisor for the prospect in key opportunities, you will also work across several internal facets of our company interfacing with our Product, Engineering and Services teams. To accomplish this, you will:
- Understand prospects’ key requirements, confirm and demonstrate current capabilities and align with our Product team on future-proof solutions that will address any potential gap
- Be an expert for our platform and create and deliver custom demonstrations for complex enterprise opportunities
- Collaborate with the Client Success team to scope and plan implementation, on-boarding and ongoing success plans for prospective enterprise customers
- Conduct technical workshops with prospects to discuss how Monetate fits into their E-Commerce ecosystem and propose a to-be architecture
- Plan Proof of Concepts by defining approach, project plan and success criteria with the prospect and leading the delivery from Monetate’s side
- Play a major role in responding to RFPs and RFIs by formulating our response to functional and technical questions and coordinating other internal teams for advanced topics
- Coordinate sales activities with internal teams (Product, Engineering, Services) to ensure seamless information flow to/from sales and other teams
- Proactively bring thought leadership, industry knowledge, and competitive intelligence to the Sales team
- Interact with Product Engineering to stay up to date on current technical concepts and future product enhancements
- Actively seek to improve our internal ‘demo’ environments to ensure we can clearly demonstrate Monetate capability in the best possible way
- Play an active role in internal knowledge sharing activities across the NA and EMEA solution teams
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information systems, or business administration.
- 8+ years of marketing, technical services, sales engineering
- 2+ years of sales engineering experience in a B2B, Marketing, Ad-tech or E-Commerce company.
- Experience selling E-Commerce, Marketing, or Merchandising at enterprise-level clients, to business and technical audiences
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- An understanding of the technical aspects of the sales cycle, implementation process, and customer support and the impact of add-ons or integrations.
- Experience in formulating strategies to integrate technical elements into a B2B sales presentation.
- Ability to think abstractly and whiteboard on the fly, detailing use cases that are most relevant to client needs.
- Strong knowledge of Web Analytics and Business Intelligence Solutions.
- Track-record of revenue generation with direct quota
- Ability to travel up to 50%
OUR TEAM & CULTURE:
We’re relentlessly customer focused: Everything we do, we do to make things better for our customers. We innovate and continuously improve. Better products. Better service. More Value. Repeat
We’re here to win: We lead in a market that never stops moving. We have the courage to commit, to make tough decisions and when we need to we turn on a dime.
We love this stuff: We hire smart, fun, talented people who want to make a difference. We’re building the world’s most amazing team of personalization zealots.
We’ve got each others backs: We value candor, appreciate diversity and insist on respect. We’re here for each other. Every day. We win as a team with a shared spirit of optimism.
We’re owners and we act like it: We take initiative, act with urgency and are accountable for results. We’re all engaged
Integrity is non-negotiable: Our customers, suppliers, partners, stakeholders, communities and competitors can all trust us to do the right thing. No BS. No exceptions
- You’ll get to work with a very talented and passionate team
- We pride ourselves on upholding a respectful and supportive environment; if there's something you need to get your work done, we'll get it for you
- We understand that everyone is different. We have flexible hours, no dress code, and you're free to migrate between dedicated desks (standing desks available), private rooms, open lounges with couches to get your work done
- You'll never go hungry - catered lunches and tons of snacks
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity leave and 4 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
- Full Benefits, 401k & Stock options
Monetate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.