WHO WE ARE:
Monetate, the personalization vendor most preferred among IR 500 brands is hiring! With a history of fast growth and the backing of VCs such as First Round and OpenView, it's no wonder that over 300 marquee consumer-facing brands choose Monetate to power their e-commerce success.
Our cutting-edge technology leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and processed more than 2.1 billion personalized pages over Cyber weekend alone, offering peace of mind that we deliver real-time personalization at astounding scale. Designed for marketers, we are beloved for our ease-of-use.
At Monetate, we love this stuff and our Monetaters fervently believe in a world in which brands can effortlessly deliver the best experiences to their customers—every time, using everything known about the customer, in every place a brand engages with them.
If you want to be a part of a bigger purpose, bringing cutting edge technology to market, Monetate may be the right spot for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A QA ENGINEER:
- Manually test our in-house developed HTML/CSS/JS experiences on our client’s websites across browsers and devices to ensure the highest quality and bug-free experiences are being delivered.
- Assist client services and engineers to help make sure clients are getting the best possible delivered experiences.
- Work alongside and support our U.S. QA engineering team as needed as well as supporting the EMEA team full time.
- Identify and analyze scenarios or suggestions to make our solutions better for our clients during the QA process.
- Contribute to the QA team on other tasks including but not limited to: documentation for our knowledge base, automated testing, as well as helping the team continue to come up with ways to enhance our QA processes.
- Become a subject matter expert on the Monetate Platform and how it applies to our QA work.
- Work daily with developers and client services on both the EMEA and U.S. teams to help resolve bugs and solve problems that arise during QA.
- Participate in other QA functions such as product testing when necessary.
- Strive to make QA better, by enhancing the process and tools on a daily basis
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-3 years experience working in a Quality Assurance job in the I.T. or Computer Software Industry.
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Knowledge of Responsive Design (what it is and how to test a responsive site).
- Experience with manual website testing and cross-browser testing a must.
- Experience determining business requirements and needs.
- Understanding of common best practices for QA.
- Familiarity with Firebug and/or Chrome developer tools.
- Familiarity with browser vendors, versions, and their respective feature sets.
- Comfort communicating with engineers as well as our internal client-facing Client Services team.
- Extremely detailed, organized, and quality oriented.
- Ability to think of creative solutions or challenge an idea if something doesn’t look right during testing.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to move from one task to the next quickly and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Well spoken with good communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technically to engineers.
- Experience with time management and organizing your own work with little interaction from management.
- Team player; willing and able to help teams outside of QA team if needed.
- Flexible, able to roll with changes easily, and can work well under pressure.
Customer Service - The ability to demonstrate a commitment to collaboration and helping others
Analytical - The ability to consider various ways a problem can be explored, explained and improved
Cross functional Collaboration - The ability to support, work and communicate with people from different backgrounds and functions
Autonomy & Teamwork - The ability to successfully drive to results with little oversight while balancing the need to seek guidance and knowing when to escalate
OUR TEAM & CULTURE:
We’re relentlessly customer focused: Everything we do, we do to make things better for our customers. We innovate and continuously improve. Better products. Better service. More Value. Repeat.
We’re here to win: We lead in a market that never stops moving. We have the courage to commit, to make tough decisions and when we need to we turn on a dime.
We love this stuff: We hire smart, fun, talented people who want to make a difference. We’re building the world’s most amazing team of personalization zealots.
We’ve got each others backs: We value candor, appreciate diversity and insist on respect. We’re here for each other. Every day. We win as a team with a shared spirit of optimism.
We’re owners and we act like it: We take initiative, act with urgency and are accountable for results. We’re all engaged
Integrity is non-negotiable: Our customers, suppliers, partners, stakeholders, communities and competitors can all trust us to do the right thing. No BS. No exceptions.
- You’ll get to work with a very talented and passionate team of product managers, software engineers and designers
- We pride ourselves on upholding a respectful and supportive environment; if there's something you need to get your work done, we'll get it for you.
- We understand that everyone is different. We have flexible hours, no dress code, and you're free to migrate between dedicated desks (standing desks available), private rooms, open lounges with couches.
- You'll never go hungry - catered lunches and tons of snacks
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity leave and 4 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
- Full Benefits, 401k & Stock options
Monetate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.