WHO WE ARE:
Monetate is built on the principle that all people are different and that a customer-centric perspective will outperform a “one-size-fits-all” approach. Our SaaS platform uses machine learning/artificial intelligence to enable world-class brands to deliver relevant, personalized experiences to all of their customers across all of their channels (web, mobile, in-store, etc.), in real-time, and at scale - we served more than four billion personalized experiences over Cyber weekend alone. If you want to be a part of a bigger purpose, bringing cutting edge technology to market, Monetate may be the right spot for you!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- An exceptional engineering leader who wants to build large-scale b2b SaaS systems and to have a massive impact on Monetate’s future.
- An owner: you pick up whatever comes your way and see it through by either: completing, coordinating, delegating, or by proving to stakeholders that it's not worth the time/cost/risk, removing the work.
- A collaborator: you are welcomed by prospects, clients, other departments, and your own team.
- A questioner: you focus on “why”, dig for context, and rely on data to inform decisions.
- A learner: you are curious, interested, engaged, and always aiming to improve.
- A mentor: you lead by example, set the bar high, and then help build others up to it.
- Oh, and an expert of the craft: You build PoCs, internal tools and production systems that strike the appropriate balance of time/cost/security/performance/scale/maintainability; and you know when, why, and how to make these decisions, and you help others understand those tradeoffs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS AN ARCHITECT:
- Partner with product management to drive the completion of new systems and large features from design through success in the market.
- Serve the unique needs of enterprise clients, interacting with them both pre and post sales to ensure our platform meets their needs.
- Write simple, well-structured, well-tested, extensible, reusable code using primarily Python, Django, Druid, and SQL (tied to a React-driven UI)
- Empower other engineers through 1:1 guidance, documentation, and presentations
- Build highly scalable ML/AI products
- Ship code to our Amazon Web Services (AWS) based production environment on a regular basis
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Expertise with advanced mathematics, statistics, and the use of large data sets
- Expertise with machine learning models and artificial intelligence - theory, practice, and application enablement
- Contributions to Open-Source Software
Please submit all resumes in WORD.doc format. Thank you!
OUR TEAM & CULTURE:
We’re relentlessly customer focused: Everything we do, we do to make things better for our customers. We innovate and continuously improve. Better products. Better service. More Value. Repeat.
We’re here to win:We lead in a market that never stops moving. We have the courage to commit, to make tough decisions and when we need to we turn on a dime.
We love this stuff:We hire smart, fun, talented people who want to make a difference. We’re building the world’s most amazing team of personalization zealots.
We’ve got each others backs: We value candor, appreciate diversity and insist on respect. We’re here for each other. Every day. We win as a team with a shared spirit of optimism.
We’re owners and we act like it:We take initiative, act with urgency and are accountable for results. We’re all engaged.
Integrity is non-negotiable:Our customers, suppliers, partners, stakeholders, communities and competitors can all trust us to do the right thing. No BS. No exceptions.
- You’ll get to work with a very talented and passionate team of personalization zealots
- We pride ourselves on upholding a respectful and supportive environment; if there's something you need to get your work done, we’ll get it for you
- We understand that everyone is different. We have flexible hours, no dress code, and you're free to migrate between dedicated desks (standing desks available), private rooms, or open lounges with couches to get your work done
- Unlimited PTO
- You'll never go hungry – our offices provide catered lunch and tons of snacks
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity leave and 4 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
- Full benefits, 401k, and stock options
Monetate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.