WHO WE ARE:
Monetate, the personalization vendor most preferred among IR 500 brands is hiring! With a history of fast growth and the backing of VCs such as First Round and OpenView, it's no wonder that over 300 marquis consumer-facing brands choose Monetate to power their e-commerce success.
Our cutting-edge technology leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and processed more than 2.1 billion personalized pages over Cyber weekend alone, offering peace of mind that we deliver real-time personalization at astounding scale. Designed for marketers, we are beloved for our ease-of-use.
At Monetate, we love this stuff and our Monetators fervently believe in a world in which brands can effortlessly deliver the best experiences to their customers—every time, using everything known about the customer, in every place a brand engages with them.
If you want to be a part of a bigger purpose, bringing cutting edge technology to market, Monetate may be the right spot for you! We have offices located in NYC, Conshohocken, PA, Palo Alto and London and we focus on hiring the absolute best talent by welcoming remote employees as well.
Monetate is seeking experienced Sales Directors (individual contributor position) to take a consultative, conversational, and diagnostic approach to the sales process on our fast growing team. As a Sales Director, you will create, identify and close sales within a specific geographic region or set of named accounts by interfacing with key marketing executives, acting as a consultant and liaison in the initial stages of the relationship and building strong business cases with prospective clients.
The overall goal is to assist Monetate in exceeding revenue objectives and advancing our strategic sales direction by selling our core products and closing new business among top retail and e-commerce brands.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A SALES DIRECTOR:
- Create and drive revenue within a specified region or set of named accounts
- Develop strong relationships and identify clients’ needs at all decision-making levels
- Grow revenue within Monetate’s existing customer base
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Cultivate, evaluate, and negotiate sound agreements
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Evangelize Monetate’s platform and unique capabilities
- Drive brand awareness, campaigns, and lead generation via networking, associations, etc.
- Show a high degree of self-motivation - must be a self-starting closer who can create a large pipeline of business within a short period of time
- Travel is required, though exact home office location is flexible
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years of experience in an outside sales team, ideally with an emphasis in the marketing software category
- A consistent track record of signing new clients and demonstrated history of exceeding quota
- Proven experience evaluating sound business opportunities and closing new accounts
- Seasoned prospecting skills
- A stable track record of success working for fast-growing software companies
- Ability to interact at all levels of organization, experience selling at the “C” level is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis
OUR TEAM & CULTURE:
We’re relentless customer focused: Everything we do, we do to make things better for our customers. We innovate and continuously improve. Better products. Better service. More Value. Repeat
We’re here to win: We lead in a market that never stops moving. We have the courage to commit, to make tough decisions and when we need to we turn on a dime.
We love this stuff: We hire smart, fun, talented people who want to make a difference. We’re building the world’s most amazing team of personalization zealots.
We’ve got each others backs: We value candor, appreciate diversity and insist on respect. We’re here for each other. Every day. We win as a team with a shared spirit of optimism.
We’re owners and we act like it: We take initiative, act with urgency and are accountable for results. We’re all engaged
Integrity is non-negotiable: Our customers, suppliers, partners, stakeholders, communities and competitors can all trust us to do the right thing. No BS. No exceptions
- You’ll get to work with a very talented and passionate team of product managers, software engineers and designers
- We pride ourselves on upholding a respectful and supportive environment; if there's something you need to get your work done, well get it for you
- We understand that everyone is different. We have flexible hours, no dress code, and you're free to migrate between dedicated desks (standing desks available), private rooms, open lounges with couches, or even the lawn to get your work done.
- You'll never go hungry - catered lunches and tons of snacks
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity leave and 4 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
- Full Benefits, 401k & Stock options
Monetate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.