WHO WE ARE:
Monetate, the personalization vendor most preferred among IR 500 brands is hiring! With a history of fast growth and the backing of VCs such as First Round and OpenView, it's no wonder that over 300 marquee consumer-facing brands choose Monetate to power their e-commerce success.
Our cutting-edge technology leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and processed more than 2.1 billion personalized pages over Cyber weekend alone, offering peace of mind that we deliver real-time personalization at astounding scale. Designed for marketers, we are beloved for our ease-of-use.
At Monetate, we love this stuff and our Monetators fervently believe in a world in which brands can effortlessly deliver the best experiences to their customers—every time, using everything known about the customer, in every place a brand engages with them.
If you want to be a part of a bigger purpose, bringing cutting edge technology to market, Monetate may be the right spot for you! We have offices located in NYC, Conshohocken, PA, Palo Alto and London and we focus on hiring the absolute best talent by welcoming remote employees as well.
The Sales Engineer will support sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The Sales Engineer collaborates with sales, services, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A SALES ENGINEER:
- Work collaboratively with clients to create a shared technical vision, and concrete solution to meet their needs.
- Quarterback scoping of the solution and provide delivery timeframe and cost estimates, while clearly articulating the value.
- Secure buy-in and input from all necessary solution stakeholders, inclusive of both business and technical contacts, adapting the solution as necessary.
- Coordinate closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secure commitments needed from customer technical staff to ensure a deal’s “technical close”.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams.
- Provide coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Work deals assigned to the sales team, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the VP, North American Sales.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information systems, or business administration.
- 6+ years of sales experience including 2+ years of sales engineering experience in a B2B, strategic customer segment.
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- An understanding of the technical aspects of the sales cycle, implementation. process, and customer support and the impact of add-on’s or integrations.
- Experience in formulating strategies to integrate technical elements into a B2B sales presentation.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions and/or web-based solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence Solutions.
- Reports directly to the VP, Sales North America.
- This position will reside on the West Coast and will support West Coast Sales Directors, but will also support the North American sales team in all enterprise opportunities that require a higher level of technical acumen and expertise.
OUR TEAM & CULTURE:
We’re relentlessly customer focused: Everything we do, we do to make things better for our customers. We innovate and continuously improve. Better products. Better service. More Value. Repeat.
We’re here to win: We lead in a market that never stops moving. We have the courage to commit, to make tough decisions and when we need to we turn on a dime.
We love this stuff: We hire smart, fun, talented people who want to make a difference. We’re building the world’s most amazing team of personalization zealots.
We’ve got each others backs: We value candor, appreciate diversity and insist on respect. We’re here for each other. Every day. We win as a team with a shared spirit of optimism.
We’re owners and we act like it: We take initiative, act with urgency and are accountable for results. We’re all engaged.
Integrity is non-negotiable: Our customers, suppliers, partners, stakeholders, communities and competitors can all trust us to do the right thing. No BS. No exceptions.
- You’ll get to work with a very talented and passionate team of product managers, software engineers and designers.
- We pride ourselves on upholding a respectful and supportive environment; if there's something you need to get your work done, well get it for you.
- We understand that everyone is different. We have flexible hours, no dress code, and you're free to migrate between dedicated desks (standing desks available), private rooms, open lounges with couches, or even the lawn to get your work done.
- You'll never go hungry - catered lunches and tons of snacks.
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity leave and 4 weeks of fully paid paternity leave.
- Full Benefits, 401k & Stock options.
Monetate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.