WHO WE ARE:
Monetate, the personalization vendor most preferred among IR 500 brands is hiring! With a history of fast growth and the backing of VCs such as First Round and OpenView, it's no wonder that over 300 marquis consumer-facing brands choose Monetate to power their e-commerce success.
Our cutting-edge technology leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and processed more than 2.1 billion personalized pages over Cyber weekend alone, offering peace of mind that we deliver real-time personalization at astounding scale. Designed for marketers, we are beloved for our ease-of-use.
At Monetate, we love this stuff and our Monetators fervently believe in a world in which brands can effortlessly deliver the best experiences to their customers—every time, using everything known about the customer, in every place a brand engages with them.
If you want to be a part of a bigger purpose, bringing cutting edge technology to market, Monetate may be the right spot for you! We have offices located in NYC, Conshohocken, PA, Palo Alto and London and we focus on hiring the absolute best talent by welcoming remote employees as well.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A VISUAL/UI DESIGNER:
In your first few months you’ll learn our platform and work with our existing UI Designer, UX Designers, and Product Team members on new products and improvements to existing products.
Moving forward you’ll own UI design on specific products and help shape the overall design of our platform. We encounter and work on a wide range of challenges involving data visualization, user interface design, animated visual narratives to explain product functionality, and breaking down statistics/data models for non-statisticians. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to introduce new ways of approaching these challenges. Along the way you'll help define new design patterns, bolster our UI kit, refine processes, and discover/take ownership over problems we didn't even realize we had.
In addition to your day-to-day you'll have ample opportunity to extend your knowledge in any direction through working with a stellar team of UX designers, front-end developers, software engineers, data scientists, project managers, and product owners. We attend, host and speak at industry events, have internal book clubs, hack days, and regular knowledge-sharing presentations (self-organized - present or attend any topic you'd like).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of related UI design experience
- Expert with vector-based drawing (we use Sketch and Illustrator)
- Strong demonstration of design fundamentals: layout, rhythm, pattern, color, typography
- Experience designing and maintaining a UI kit
- Experience designing for dynamic data (design must accommodate, adapt, or fail gracefully)
- Experience designing for user interaction (application state, user flow, animation)
- Basic understanding of the medium and constraints of the browser, HTML, and CSS (no coding required)
- Grasp and keep up to date with industry conventions, trends and best practices - this is big for us!
- A portfolio is required along with resume submission
- BONUS: Experience with After Effects or similar tools
OUR TEAM & CULTURE:
We’re relentless customer focused: Everything we do, we do to make things better for our customers. We innovate and continuously improve. Better products. Better service. More Value. Repeat
We’re here to win: We lead in a market that never stops moving. We have the courage to commit, to make tough decisions and when we need to we turn on a dime.
We love this stuff: We hire smart, fun, talented people who want to make a difference. We’re building the world’s most amazing team of personalization zealots.
We’ve got each others backs: We value candor, appreciate diversity and insist on respect. We’re here for each other. Every day. We win as a team with a shared spirit of optimism.
We’re owners and we act like it: We take initiative, act with urgency and are accountable for results. We’re all engaged
Integrity is non-negotiable: Our customers, suppliers, partners, stakeholders, communities and competitors can all trust us to do the right thing. No BS. No exceptions
- You’ll get to work with a very talented and passionate team of personalization zealots
- We pride ourselves on upholding a respectful and supportive environment; if there's something you need to get your work done, well get it for you
- We understand that everyone is different. We have flexible hours, no dress code, and you're free to migrate between dedicated desks (standing desks available), private rooms, open lounges with couches, or even the lawn to get your work done.
- You'll never go hungry - catered lunches and tons of snacks
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity leave and 4 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
- Full Benefits, 401k & Stock options
Monetate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.