Mondo is on the hunt for a full-time Developer with a passion for solving tough problems with clean, efficient code and modern design. The websites we build and manage run the gamut from a few beautiful pages to large-scale and multi-faceted ecommerce platforms.
- Develop fast, creative website solutions
- Ensure a consistent design and development process
- Complete projects within budget and requirements
- Build Wordpress websites from scratch.
- Contribute to early planning, documentation, and estimation processes
- Design mockups and prototypes of website front-ends
- Design and code a custom, responsive themes in HTML, PHP and CSS to style the site
- Evaluate, install, and set up plugins and other tools
- Test for bugs and browser compatibility
- Manage websites
- Perform regular maintenance on our portfolio of managed websites
- Test and optimize WordPress theme code when new core updates or plug-in updates are released
- Build new functionality into existing themes
- Respond to critical site issues as reported
- Work with other developers, both in person and remotely, to build and maintain websites.
- Work with our Accounts team, and sometimes clients, in person and on the phone to resolve issues.
- Help with technical tasks around the office.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science) or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of website development experience
- Experience designing clean, professional interface mockups in Adobe XD, PhotoShop, or a similar tool
- Experience developing within remote host environments
- Exceptional communications ability in-person, on the phone, and through email
Things you must be
- A fast learner –– the marketing and creative industries move quickly and you must thrive in that fast-paced environment.
- A team player –– you contribute your development expertise in internal discussions and decisions, working with other teams to make meaningful creative decisions and resolve complex problems.
- Organized –– you expertly manage your own time, keeping a close watch on schedule, scope, and quality of your work.
- Reliable, empathetic, and trustworthy
- Attentive, observant, and self-motivated
- A consistent collaborator
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- A contributor to building strong Vermont communities
Mondo Mediaworks, Inc. is a digital marketing agency based in Brattleboro, Vermont. We specialize in creative content for the web, and use integrated strategies to turn consumers into happy customers.
Our mission at Mondo Mediaworks is to build community through economic development. As a small business, we’re proud to play a big role in our thriving local community by providing quality jobs and supporting the people and organizations around us. Additionally, Mondo Mediaworks is a Certified B Corporation®
. We’re committed to using our business as a force for good by prioritizing the social and environmental performance of our business in addition to its financial performance.
- Cover Letter
- 2-3 Professional References
- Portfolio/Samples of Websites (please make sure to clearly state the extent of your involvement in each project)